Solved - 2020 FORSCAN Discussion | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved 2020 FORSCAN Discussion

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.
let me begin by saying i know absolutely nothing about forscan.. but would anybody happen to know how to turn off the enhanced engine noise inside the cabin of the st? it’s killing me.. the ford dealer couldn’t figure it out
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
This has been discussed in this thread. Found the posts by using 'Search' feature. So far there doesn't seem to be a way to turn it OFF even with FORScan. If it bothers you that much, then just stay out of 'Sport' mode as Mike suggested.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

didn’t even realize there were 8 pages.. and thank you for the warm welcome.. i only drive it in sport with an e50 tune.. having a custom exhaust installed as we speak.. just wish i could do away with the artificial noise.. thank you anyway

let me begin by saying i know absolutely nothing about forscan.. but would anybody happen to know how to turn off the enhanced engine noise inside the cabin of the st? it’s killing me.. the ford dealer couldn’t figure it out

It is mentioned in this thread. I turned mine off.

you removed the enhanced engine noise on a 2020 explorer st?

Yes, there is zero noise coming out of the speakers. It's quite pleasant how quiet it is driving now.

i need to turn it off.. i know nothing about forscan.. is it an evil spaceship that needs to be conjured by sacrificing blown rs engines? please help.. any chance you live in new jersey? :rolleyes:

Nope. 7 hours away lol

IDS tool. A web search reveals that the interior engine sound enhancement can be turned off by a dealer tech using the IDS. That is now the project for today. I will report back.

It is done! Took the dealer all of 10 min. FREE ............. No more exhaust sound enhancement ............ Sooooooo......... Yah don't need the Forscan app to do this. And, because the dealer used their equipment, it will stay shut off. "Gotta Love It !"

you know what.. about three weeks ago i went to grab my tags from the dealer and asked if they can do it for me.. they claimed they were new to the ids system and couldn’t figure it out.. do you have any additional info i can provide for them to have them turn it off?

This is the identical system that is used on the Mustang and the pickups with the exhaust sound enhancement feature. The techs are trained on this. If you are getting pushback from the service writer, go over his/her head to the service manager. Ford issued a TSB long ago instructing the dealers on how to do this. Hell, it's in the shop manual. If you still get pushback, you need to seek out a different dealer that won't blow smoke up your a**.

I just disabled the doublehonk on my escape before I sold it... then just recently had the great opportunity to get double honked at my the exolorer... can’t wait to disable that thing

Yes, there is zero noise coming out of the speakers. It's quite pleasant how quiet it is driving now.

mmmm I need to figure out how to make my xlt more quiet. The 2.3l is a noisy sucker

I just disabled the doublehonk on my escape before I sold it... then just recently had the great opportunity to get double honked at my the exolorer... can’t wait to disable that thing
Did you reenable it when you sold it?

Peter

Did you reenable it when you sold it?

Peter

heck no, but I sold it to my sister. And she didn’t want it Either. It really is good at waking the kiddos when you get home late....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Has anyone used the IDS tool to disable the double horn honk? I ask as it is not active on the PIU.

Back