Solved - 2020 FORSCAN Discussion | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved 2020 FORSCAN Discussion

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.
100% sure. What I did was take a snapshot of the as-built. Then I changed the option in the basic configuration screen. Then I went back and took another snapshot of the as-built. That was the only flag modified. Whether there are more variables is primarily why I think it needs more evaluation. But I can guarantee it was the only change, and it went from a 2 to a 0 on my vehicle. (The rest of mine is 0029 0C04 80YY).

Ignore the addresses on the left; not sure why the program does that. But here is the comparison, and the only modification was changing that variable.

I have NOT confirmed that it works yet. blwnsmoke seems to think it stuck, but I won't be able to validate until tomorrow.

EDIT: If you wan't to confirm, you can do the same procedure where you save the as-built data, change it in the basic menu, then save the changed as-built data and see what changed. It can be put back right away if you don't want to leave it with it being unknown right now...

Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 7.47.59 PM.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

100% sure. What I did was take a snapshot of the as-built. Then I changed the option in the basic configuration screen. Then I went back and took another snapshot of the as-built. That was the only flag modified. Whether there are more variables is primarily why I think it needs more evaluation. But I can guarantee it was the only change, and it went from a 2 to a 0 on my vehicle. (The rest of mine is 0029 0C04 80YY).

Ignore the addresses on the left; not sure why the program does that. But here is the comparison, and the only modification was changing that variable.

I have NOT confirmed that it works yet. blwnsmoke seems to think it stuck, but I won't be able to validate until tomorrow.

View attachment 177491

ok, was just strange that my as built had a 6 in that location. I will have to try and set the mode and see if that location is what changes in mine. Thanks for digging into this.

I'm a little weary of what that changes. That's why I waited until someone else tried it first. Since blwnsmoke seemed to have success, I figured I'd give it a shot.

They do seem to lump a bunch of variables into one flag sometimes. Just like on the F-150:

index.php

The single flag in that instance controls FOUR different things (FT, CS, ANC, and USB). This flag may have more than one variable in it. I'm definitely leaving it unconfirmed on my reference page until we learn more about what all the flag really does.

Additionally, on the F-150, the flag to disable auto start/stop actually disables the BMS. So it isn't inherently a flag for start/stop, but a flag for the Battery Management System that also just so happens to control the start/stop as well. We might have a similar thing here - the FORScan developers don't really elaborate on what is being changed in the basic config page. Just the outcome.

So, it did absolutely nothing on my XLT. I’ll have to check and make sure the flag stuck when I get home, but no indicator changed, and at the first stop, it shut off. More to follow (and hopefully feedback from blwnsmoke as well).

So, it did absolutely nothing on my XLT. I’ll have to check and make sure the flag stuck when I get home, but no indicator changed, and at the first stop, it shut off. More to follow (and hopefully feedback from blwnsmoke as well).

It reverted back the next say... so the enable/disable on the drop down does not stay as disabled.

It reverted back the next say... so the enable/disable on the drop down does not stay as disabled.

So we're on the same page. I'm removing it from the list. Hopefully we can figure out a working code. I'm going to check whether the Interceptor Utility has the feature active. Might be able to find it in the as-builts there if it is not on the non-hybrid variant.

I can confirm the f150 method does shut off the engine noise. I just did it and took it for a drive.

First line in ACM, 6th digit is a 4 and needs to be changed to a 0 (zero).

I never did figure this out - how did you edit your ACM? I don't have that module available in the most recent version of FORScan (or any others before that I used).

I am updating my spreadsheet for the 2020's and will have many more codes for the BCM in the next week. Please PM me any requests and I will be sure to add it.

FORScan Ford Explorer 11-20MY

Forscan software (free), windows pc/tablet and this.

View attachment 173082

I snatched it during a lightning deal during Prime Day for $44.99. Best one out there to do programming changes.
I saw there is an MX+ now that is $99 or the one listed about. Which one should I get? I had a usb one for the 2016 but it was a pain.

thanks

I saw there is an MX+ now that is $99 or the one listed about. Which one should I get? I had a usb one for the 2016 but it was a pain.

thanks

The one I posted is sufficient for making changes. IMO no need to spend more.

Could somebody post the default ST tire circumference (mm) from the FORScan data, please.

Edit: Should have specified Street Pack (275/45R21)

Hello

I’m new to this forum and a new Explorer ST owner. I’m not new to using FORSCAN though, I used it to make several changes on my 18 Raptor.

Just wanting to know if anyone has been successful finding the proper codes to:
- Disable the Auto Start Stop
- Enable “Bambi” mode

I appreciate all the help you can and have provided. Reading through this thread I learned how to disable the double honk and already changed it on my ST.

Thank you.

Andrew

Welcome to the Forum Andrew.:wave:
There is talk of using FORScan to disable it in the following thread as well as devices you can get to do it. Not sure if anyone has actually disabled it with FORScan.
Auto Start-Stop Technology...Please NO!

Peter

Hello

I’m new to this forum and a new Explorer ST owner. I’m not new to using FORSCAN though, I used it to make several changes on my 18 Raptor.

Just wanting to know if anyone has been successful finding the proper codes to:
- Disable the Auto Start Stop
- Enable “Bambi” mode

I appreciate all the help you can and have provided. Reading through this thread I learned how to disable the double honk and already changed it on my ST.

Thank you.

Andrew

No luck with auto start/stop yet.

If the tuners like JDM and Unleashed are able to turn it off you would think there must be a way in FORScan to do the same.

I am updating my spreadsheet for the 2020's and will have many more codes for the BCM in the next week. Please PM me any requests and I will be sure to add it.

FORScan 2011-2020 Explorers
Any chance you could post the spreadsheet in a spot accessible to us 'non Apple' people? Cannot access iCloud without being an Apple user, which many of us are not.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can PIU “wig-wags” be turned on via Forscan?

There was a recent SSM stating that there is a service procedure to activate wig-wags - and at the moment I can’t find what I need to reference....

Back