Solved - 2020 FORSCAN Discussion | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved 2020 FORSCAN Discussion

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.
Has anyone used the IDS tool to disable the double horn honk? I ask as it is not active on the PIU.
Many have disabled it using FORScan. IDS is only available to Ford techs.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Many have disabled it using FORScan. IDS is only available to Ford techs.

Peter

One can buy IDS and use it. There is an annual fee of $849 for a yearly license. Many mechanics use the same software as Ford. The average Joe wont buy it but one can, especially if a 3rd party fleet mechanic.

Went to my servicing dealer. They are a major player in the PIU market. Advised by the service mgr that disconnecting the puddle lamps will throw a code. What he is telling customers to do is mask off the area and use Plasti Dip. I'm going to buy flat black model paint that comes in a glass bottle with a small applicator brush. As for the double chime on exit with the car running. Simply leaving the fob in it stops that noise.

Why not simply pop them out and disconnect them? If they are constructed the same as the 5th gen puddle lights then it's an easy job to remove them. According to a member that switched his to LED, it takes about 2 minutes.

Peter

:snicker:
Therein lies the issue according to my local dealer in Waxahachie, TX. Disconnecting the power feed will throw a code. Me, I call b/s. I will inquire of Autonation Ford in Arlington, TX. Btw, the puddle lamps in the 6th gen mirror housings have a different retention system than previous gens. There is now only one compression point. and, I'm not going to fubar a new vehicle.

Thanks for the reply. I forgot about that code thing you mentioned before.:banghead: I don't see a fuse just for them either. I did see a fuse for Headlight Washer Pump?? I didn't know that was a thing on the 2020 Explorer. :dunno:

Peter

Has anyone used the IDS tool to disable the double horn honk? I ask as it is not active on the PIU.

Just got around to using forscan to disable this today. soooo freaking annoying, glad it is gone!

Do you realize how much beer you could have bought for the cost of the plug assy ?
:rofl:

Do you realize how much beer you could have bought for the cost of the plug assy ?
:rofl:

What Plug assembly? The odb mx+? I already had that from doing the module edits to my Ram1500 :) or do you mean forscan.... or the auto/start/stop thing....that has been nice though..

The OBDMX+. I've never needed one. The MX+ I just purchased from Amazon last week is going back tomorrow for a refund. If I reach my saturation point with the hyper flash of the dashboard turn arrows, I'll reinstall the OE bulbs. In fact, I am seriously considering putting them back in. The LED ones available at auto parts are not DOT compliant. It states so on the packaging. I don't sit in rest areas like a certain group of deviates with my four-way flashers on nonstop.

The OBDMX+. I've never needed one. The MX+ I just purchased from Amazon last week is going back tomorrow for a refund. If I reach my saturation point with the hyper flash of the dashboard turn arrows, I'll reinstall the OE bulbs. In fact, I am seriously considering putting them back in. The LED ones available at auto parts are not DOT compliant. It states so on the packaging. I don't sit in rest areas like a certain group of deviates with my four-way flashers on nonstop.

Man, the MX+ is worth just CEL scanner alone. Then I can use it for forscan and alfaodb, so all the dealer edits on my cars...it is soooo handy dandy.

can forscan tell the computer you have led's instead? i know on the alfaodb you can and i thought on older explorers you could

Fellow member of a Task Force myself Mikey. GBI agent. Wish we could drive ST’s, I’ll have to settle for my Tahoe when it comes to business. But I look for any excuse to drive my ST when I get home.

I'm not much into modifying codes. I leave that to the tuners. My thing is using the web to bring down the pervs that try to tag minors.
View attachment 179546

Not a fan of the Tahoe. Most in truth are not. GM gives them away via the dealer network. Cheap advertising for Chevy and GM as a whole. It gets them in front of the general public. All about perception. In theory, I am retired. :rolleyes: A number of us keep active chasing pervs across the ethernet. This frees up the street active troops. I and the others in my district are reimbursed for travel expenses. The normal stuff. Meals, lodging, fuel and, so forth. We are the hidden faces that these deviates communicate with using online chat rooms, etc. The ST in Magnetic is civilian enough so as not to raise flags in public when we have a "watch party." The general public would be creeped out to discover that the well-dressed suit at Micky D's, positioned so that he can observe the children's play area while using his tablet is a "groper." Gotta love h/h radios and repeaters. Mine is under the floorboard in the cargo area. Unobtrusive antenna mounted inside to the left rear cargo area window. Hats off to the setup crew at Dana Safety Supply in FT Worth, TX. They really know their trade.
Mike

Much respect!

Not a fan of the Tahoe. Most in truth are not. GM gives them away via the dealer network. Cheap advertising for Chevy and GM as a whole. It gets them in front of the general public. All about perception. In theory, I am retired. :rolleyes: A number of us keep active chasing pervs across the ethernet. This frees up the street active troops. I and the others in my district are reimbursed for travel expenses. The normal stuff. Meals, lodging, fuel and, so forth. We are the hidden faces that these deviates communicate with using online chat rooms, etc. The ST in Magnetic is civilian enough so as not to raise flags in public when we have a "watch party." The general public would be creeped out to discover that the well-dressed suit at Micky D's, positioned so that he can observe the children's play area while using his tablet is a "groper." Gotta love h/h radios and repeaters. Mine is under the floorboard in the cargo area. Unobtrusive antenna mounted inside to the left rear cargo area window. Hats off to the setup crew at Dana Safety Supply in FT Worth, TX. They really know their trade.
Mike

Pulled the asbuilt from my XLT and a loaded XLT. Ran a compare with a few tools and used asbuilt hacker. This will give setting differences between my base 200a vs a 202a w/ 360+ so if things are added those may be the settings that need to get tested. I was hoping ford used similar edits for each model of vehicle but I don't think they do. :/

Thanks for the reply. I forgot about that code thing you mentioned before.:banghead: I don't see a fuse just for them either. I did see a fuse for Headlight Washer Pump?? I didn't know that was a thing on the 2020 Explorer. :dunno:

Peter
The first thing I did was peep out both the engine and interior fuse blocks in the OM.

I have found, documented and generated the As Built files and window stickers of the XLT trim in different configurations for comparing or checking settings in forscan or other tools. I also put the tools in a folder. The info file has info on who made the tool and links to the info as well. Hope this is helpful to anyone looking into finding config changes

I was hoping to do a compare between files with only 1 feature different to see if we can pin point changes needed in Forscan/IDS

I would love to be able to see what gear that transmission is in....you know there's a setting for that somewhere.
My ST has that feature in the tool tray. Illuminated in orange. The gear position numbers change as the transmission upshifts. In fact, every selection illuminates in orange when the rotary selector is moved.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Has anyone figured out how to disable the door bell chimes that go off when the door is opened with the engine on and the vehicle is in park ?

Back