Solved - 2020 FORSCAN Discussion | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved 2020 FORSCAN Discussion

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.
Has anyone compiled a spreadsheet like has been done for countless other models?
I have my 2020 Explorer here and im looking to see what we can do.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Jeff. :wave:
I believe the spreadsheet is still a work-in-progress. Have you checked posts #88 and #178? Depending on what you are looking to accomplish, there are also individual posts on changing different items.

Peter

Does anybody know what happened to the spreadsheet? It says its been removed or no longer shareable

Anyone using a Macbook with Forscan? I have it loaded with CrossOver but can't get my wifi forscan adapter to work.

You need parallel to run windows for it to work

ForScan Items I want to address but not sure if all of this is possible;

Default stop/start to disable
Set drive mode to last used on startup
Enable fog lights with hi + low beam
Panic brake stop lights flash

FORScan reference for 2011-2019 Explorer (may be handy to find 2020 settings);
FORScan 2011-2019 Explorers

FORScan reference for 2020 Explorer;
FORScan 2020 Ford Explorer & Lincoln Aviator

Hi, does anyone have a copy of the FORScan 2020 Explorer spreadsheet outside of iCloud? iCloud keeps telling me to "upgrade" to iCloud Drive, which I've now done three times with no luck - it still keeps telling me to upgrade. Much appreciated.

Hi, does anyone have a copy of the FORScan 2020 Explorer spreadsheet outside of iCloud? iCloud keeps telling me to "upgrade" to iCloud Drive, which I've now done three times with no luck - it still keeps telling me to upgrade. Much appreciated.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I'm quite sure if anyone had it that it would have been posted here already. Did you try the first link in post #284? It worked for me but I don't use FORScan.

Peter

Here's a PDF copy of the one Peter mentioned.

Attachments

• FORScan Ford Explorer 11-20MY.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 4,431

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I'm quite sure if anyone had it that it would have been posted here already. Did you try the first link in post #284? It worked for me but I don't use FORScan.

Peter
Thanks!

Yes, I was able to download the one listed in #284, but I wasn't sure if the file was the same because the titles were different. Again, thank you!

Hi everyone. I'm relatively new to FORScan, but after diving in I'm seeing how powerful this tool can be. I've been playing with the config/programming options for my 2020 Explorer XLT and haven't been able to find how to deactivate the in-vehicle modem (stop all data transmission). I have successfully used FORScan to deactivate the onboard WiFi hotspot. Supposedly data transmission can be turned off using the touchscreen menus. However, I'd prefer to completely deactivate the modem. (I suppose an old-fashioned workaround would be finding and disconnecting the modem in the telematics unit. A project for another day...) Any help from one of you FORScan experts on which configs/options to use would be hugely appreciated. Thanks!

It never occured to me before but I wonder if disabling that has any effect on the automated 911 feature?

Peter

It never occured to me before but I wonder if disabling that has any effect on the automated 911 feature?

Peter
Great question, Peter. I believe the auto-911 feature only works when your cell phone is connected to the vehicle via Bluetooth, so disabling the onboard modem shouldn't interfere, provided you turn on auto-911 using the touch screen menu (and have your phone connected, of course). Hope one of the FORscan pros has done a deep dive into the '20 Explorer and can help with the modem!

Jason

I think I know the answer to this, but Ill ask anyway....

Does anyone know if we can enable the decontamination / heat option from the 2020 PIU on non-PIU trims?

Added climate to the big screen via APIM "Climate Domain Enabled". It's not too pretty but interesting this message comes up. Maybe there is hope for SYNC4 on our 2020's....
"This screen will not be present on production U625 vehicles, and will be reworked (if necessary) for P702 as part of the SYNC4 development process"
I think this message is mostly for engineering so testers don't have a module misconfigured and report a bug for a screen nobody will actually use

Anyone know if/how you can get the ignition counter number on ForScan? I want to see how many times I have started the car and if me losing charge and having to jump start it last week reset that

2020 Ford Explorer Mirror Turn Signals

I can confirm the DDM and PDM module codes to enable and disable the exterior mirror turn signals:
Driver Door Module (DDM):
740-02-09 --- 0001-0000-5AAD (disabled)
740-02-09 --- 0101-0000-5AAE (enabled)
Passenger Door Module (PDM):
741-02-09 --- 0001-0000-5AAE (disabled)
741-02-09 --- 0101-0000-5AAF (enabled)

I'll post a how-to when I get the chance, but quickly:
- I bought the 2020 factory gloss black caps and factory turn signal modules. The caps and turn signal modules snap together and replace the non-signal caps using the same snap-in attachment points, and they lock in place solidly when the four TX screws under the mirror carrier are re-tightened. Pretty clever design, actually.
- I bought two Molex 14-56-7032 3-pin connectors for the turn signal modules (https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/538-14-56-7032). These are the same connectors Ford uses, they come with pins, and they lock solidly into the turn signal module. Only two of the three pins are used.
- I bought two male TE Connectivity pins for the mirror connectors (https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/te-connectivity-amp-connectors/1438299-2/2301035). These are also the same pins Ford uses.
- Run one wire from the TE pin, plugged into Pin 3 on the mirror connector, to one of the turn signal module pins (I'll document which one later). Run the other wire from two-wire ground splice to the other turn signal module pin. I actually soldered the pins and splice and unwrapped and rewrapped the harness so it's just like a factory harness.

It's about $220 in parts, and it takes about two hours to remove the door panel and remove/modify/reminstall the mirror and door panel on each side. The DDM/PDM wiring for the signals is already on the door side of the mirror connector, so once the physical mods were done, I only needed to use FORSCAN to modify the DDM/PDM settings. There's nothing band-aid about this, it's all factory, and you don't even need to unsnap the mirror carrier from the mirror motor. Blind-spot monitor LED, puddle lamps, heat, and power mirror movements still work the same, as do all of the other DDM and PDM functions such as power windows. Nothing seems to be adversely affected, and now I have the signal/BLISS/heated/power mirrors Ford's order guide *said* I would have on an XLT, plus the factory gloss black caps look much better against the gloss-black A-pillars.
my_2020_explorer_mirror.jpg

I am updating my spreadsheet for the 2020's and will have many more codes for the BCM in the next week. Please PM me any requests and I will be sure to add it.

FORScan Ford Explorer 11-20MY
Hi PlatinumOwner, unsure how to PM you so replying here. Much thanks for the spreadsheet. By far the most 2020 Explorer codes in one place! Two 2020 Explorer Forscan requests if you're still taking them: 1. Default Active Braking within Pre-collision Assist settings "off" (or at least remember my "off" setting). With the next ignition, Active Braking defaults back to "on." 2. Fully disable onboard modem. From p. 14 of Owner's Manual (below), it appears possible to disable, but instructions aren't provided. (The manual directs you to use touchscreen setting toggles to opt out of sending data to Ford but notes the modem still allows vehicle location to be broadcast.)
modem.PNG

If you figure these out, please let me know. I'd be happy to send you a digital Amazon gift card or donate using the link on your Numbers page.

Hi PlatinumOwner, unsure how to PM you so replying here. Much thanks for the spreadsheet. By far the most 2020 Explorer codes in one place! Two 2020 Explorer Forscan requests if you're still taking them: 1. Default Active Braking within Pre-collision Assist settings "off" (or at least remember my "off" setting). With the next ignition, Active Braking defaults back to "on." 2. Fully disable onboard modem. From p. 14 of Owner's Manual (below), it appears possible to disable, but instructions aren't provided. (The manual directs you to use touchscreen setting toggles to opt out of sending data to Ford but notes the modem still allows vehicle location to be broadcast.)
View attachment 321335
If you figure these out, please let me know. I'd be happy to send you a digital Amazon gift card or donate using the link on your Numbers page.

You can do a reset of the sync system and tell it not to transmit data when you connect back up. If you do that, Ford pass will not work either.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can do a reset of the sync system and tell it not to transmit data when you connect back up. If you do that, Ford pass will not work either.
Thanks, blwnsmoke! I did the Sync system reset when I took delivery of the vehicle and purposefully didn't let my dealer strong arm me into registering for Ford Pass. (Man was he ticked. They must get a bonus for signups :rolleyes:.) Toggled off all the "send what I'm doing to Ford" options in the touchscreen menu. So, I'm not sending data to Ford -- that's good. But the modem is still pingable by AT&T. Diving into APIM diagnostic mode, the modem still appeared to be live.

So I found a temporary work-around for all those folks who are as frustrated as I am that Ford won't man up and give us control over our own vehicles... In the passenger compartment fuse panel, pull fuse #8/9:
Screenshot 2020-09-20 201223.png

Screenshot 2020-09-20 201234.png

Now when I go to the FordPass menu in my Explorer and select Connected Settings (or something similar -- not in the car atm), I get a new message that pops up and tells me it's unable to locate the modem. Here's the downside: Pulling that fuse also knocks out the trunk's power liftgate. Next weekend I plan to sign up for the 72 hour subscription to Motocraft's service info, locate the telematics control unit, and unplug power directly. (I've seen it located behind plastic in the passenger foot well in other Fords and the police version of the Explorer from '19, but need to confirm for '20.) Endgame: no power to the modem, restore fuse 8/9 (and my power liftgate). We'll see if an error message gets thrown.

Back