• Register Today It's free!

2dr vs 4dr door sizes...

CarFreak146

Reaction score
City, State
Shawnee, Kansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Explorer XLT
Are the front door for a 2DR and a 4DR different?? I have a chance of gettin a 92 2dr for really cheap and wanna use the doors for half doors. will they fit on my 4dr??? Thanks. the sooner the help the better, and I appreciate any I can get as always.

Thanks
--ryan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nope, 2dr dorors are much wider, probably half a foot wider, takes its own glass size, panel size, etc.

so the front fenders or the hood won't work either then?? steering column?

I just noticed the difference in the doors today when I was parked beside a sport. There is quite a noticeable difference when side-by-side.

Fenders and hood will be the same. The doors are longer but they start at the same place.

I'm getting some doors soon to make halfies too. :thumbsup:

I have a set of halfs already, I just wann try and make another set b/c I'm not to keen on my first set. Thanks. Guys. I may try keepin this thing around for a coupla days too, and see if anybody needds any parts off it.

--Ryan

ps... would anybody happen to know if the Sports came with a tilt or non-tilt column??? or does that just depend on the options the truck has?? ?Thanks

So far all the Explorers I have seen have been tilt column. I think the only ones that had non tilt would be the 4dr and 2dr XL moldels, or unless it was deleted by a customer.

My 2dr XL has tilt. And yes, as far as I can tell, all Explorers I've seen have tilt steering... even the XL's.

I am surprised they have tilt, seems like they cut every option out of the XL's.
Maybe a '89-'92 Ranger or BII came with a non-tilt?

My '97 2dr XL does not have tilt

Hey guys. Just thought I'd update that I bought that Explorer. I bought it for a VERY good price. Anyway, it has a miss in the motor and HAS tilt steering. I'm gonna be partin it out. Anybody need anything.

--Ryan

yeah, but the seats are an odd color, I'm gonna get some pictures of it tonight and start a new thread about it. I'll post the link here.

--Ryan

I'm looking for the drivers side window / mirror control panel. A ton of 4 door ones on e-bay, but not so for 2 door. I'm out in Mass.

Walter

I have a 2dr and need parts....lots of parts

I just fell apon a 93 2dr sport and it needs some tender love.... do you have the key set for that explorer? how about the 4x4 motor?
if not thanks though
Bu hope u do have some parts you wanna get rid of

Back