2nd gen guys - Brake hose question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2nd gen guys - Brake hose question

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH
I did a 2nd gen rear disc break conversion on my '93. Which side brake hose is shown in the picture? From what I remember the 2nd gen uses two different brake hoses on the rear calipers. I need to know which side the hose I have is attached to on a stock 2nd gen, so I can order a new one.

Attachments

• brake_hose.jpg
    brake_hose.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 372

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just went out and checked my 97 and my 98 and both rear brake lines are the same as in your pic (corkeys pics that is) you would need a pass side line rick

Xplorer82, your lines look just like mine and not like what Corkey's look like?

oh, forgot, the rear axle was from Jon's mountie, so it may have been a 98 axle,, or maybe not, have to ask him for sure,

Xplorer82, your lines look just like mine and not like what Corkey's look like?

Edited my post, sorry corkeys pic... you need the pass side brake line, driver side had the "block piece"

I'm not sure what my hoses came off of... They don't have the tab that mounts the brake line to the spring perch. Mine uses a clip. Oh well... I'll have to adapt it.

If the new one don't come w/the tab then you could probably use the clip method... if it does come with the tab im sure you'll have no problem fabbing something up... either way your good to go just get the pass side line.

Edit... actually looking at your pic the clip method might not work w/the tabbed one. Wont be hard to fab something up if it don't work w/the clip.

Yep, either way it will be workable. I just ordered a pair from NAPA they'll be delivered to my local store.

Thanks for the quick help:chug:

Not a problem bud.

Back