$3,000 to spend | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

$3,000 to spend

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dark red with gray rock gaurds. I was thinkin 22's with 275 or 285/40's. I was thinkin the K&N intake or the Volant, both look cool, but the volant seems to keep the air colder.

Is the magnaflow a solid exaust? i like the side tail .

if i had 3000, this is what i'd do

-catback exhaust at local shop, they can make it custom, install the muffler you want, and do it cheaper. 430 is a lot and still have to install it yourself. i got in a new muffler and tailpipe for 140ish, so a catback would be around 200 i'd say at a local place.
-i'd also get the air intake, but don't get the k&n, the oil from the filter will get on the maf and mess up the readings. go with amsoil, they flow the best and keep the air clean. k&n filters let in more dirt then any others
-look into an aftermarket throttlebody, better response and mileage
-tinted windows maybe?

be careful when picking rims, you dont' want to change the wheel/tire size to much cause the speedometer will be off, and depending on what alloy the rims are made of it might put more strain on the engine. and if you do go with huge rims make sure to modify your brakes accordingly. i hate it when people throw rims on their cars with stock brakes...

good luck

fi the rims are close to the same size and weight is there a need to up the brakes? if so would EBK rotars and pads do it?

fi the rims are close to the same size and weight is there a need to up the brakes? if so would EBK rotars and pads do it?

if it's close to the weight/size you should be good with stocks, but i'd think about upgrading to a drilled/slotted rotor with ceramic pads anyways.

Looks like some good choices. :thumbsup:
The Rims are nice, a little larger than I'd go, but hey, if it's what you like. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cheers

Ben.

I'd spend it on a supercharger.

that's best mod performance mod you can do on a 4.0

i'm with justin

nice chocies

If your going to get an exhaust get it done at an exhaust shop they will do it how you want it and way cheaper than buying a kit.

I'd like to see the truck-
I'm with Justin also-A supercharger will be much higher on the smile scale.

Have your stock wheels powder coated for a custom look.

Instead of the Magnaflow, I'd recommend the Dynomax Super Turbos -- quieter and a really good internal chamber design for optimum flow:
http://store.summitracing.com/partd...908331+4294907830+4294924641+115&autoview=sku

wlk-17668_w.jpg

That pic ^^ looks like someone ran over the Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz.

That was recommended by a performance shop today. Is it worth it? I'd do it...

That was recommended by a performance shop today. Is it worth it?
You bet, if you're not Super Turbo-ing, you aint floooowin (my horrible puns/jokes/whatever, I'm going to sleep, its past 3am!).

I'll try it out... thank you!

Back