3" BL Need Information/Tire fitment | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3" BL Need Information/Tire fitment

Slmdnk9

Reaction score
City, State
virginia beach, va
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Eddie Bauer 4x4
I'm a new explorer owner, I have a 1993 Eddie Bauer 4x4 4 door. I want to lift it up 3 or 4 inches and put 32'' or 33'' tires on it. I'm not sure what to do, I want to go the cheapest route and have it ride about the same, not just an off roader but a daily driver with the ability to handle snow and mud, so people told me a 3 inch body lift with 32'' tires maybe 31"s. others say just a 4" superlift but thats a little much for my taste. someone else said a 3" bl with tt and shakles(dont know what that is) or 3" bl with with 2" suspension( suspension being coils and add a leafs or spacers and add a leafs). well i found a deal on ebay for a complete 3"bl and a 2" add a leafs and spacers equaling 5 inches and only for $169. but i dont want to have a lot of modifications, does this mean shocks and brakelines and cables and steering extensions. Would a 3" body lift be just fine with 31ss or even 32's? please help? oh and the ebay auction is mako offroad projects, he sells the same kit everyweek, here it is http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33585&item=7952018929&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

thanks a lot that helps, so basically i could probably get away with a 3 inch body lift 32x11.50x15. on that chart is says 33x12.50x15 but with trimming. Has anyone done a 3 inch body lift with 32s or 33s with no trimming if so let me know, and how hard is it to do a 3 inch body lift, and how many hours and what extra modifications need to be done. Steering extension, brake lines, camber, anything at all?

Back