3 x 2020 ST's This Year... Life Is Good | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3 x 2020 ST's This Year... Life Is Good

ou81

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, ON
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
In early May I took delivery of a Blue ST (big wheels and the tech package). It worked well but the front camera didn't work. I sent it in to have extra tinting installed on the front driver / passenger side windows and installation of my dashcam (which they had removed from my 2017 Platinum trade-in). I asked them to fix the front camera and after a few days they had determined that mice had chewed through a wiring harness while it sat on the lot of another dealer about 150 miles from here. Initially they said they'd have to order a replacement harness from Ford Canada (apparently it's not a standard part) and it would take up to 6 weeks to arrive. A day or two later, their head tech suggested that replacing the harness would require moving the engine out of the way and that would be a major job so they decided to send the car back to the original dealer and order me a new one.

In the meantime, they loaned me a red version (red is the fastest color) of my ST with all of the same features. I've been driving that for about a month now and am thoroughly enjoying it. On Monday, I'll be picking up my third ST of the year. The paperwork is pretty complicated but the dealership is taking care of it and I can't complain. 3 brand new ST's in about 6 weeks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Year ain’t over. Could be 5-6 by the time they find a good one.

What dashcam did you go with?....I see Ford is using ThinkWare now as their OEM authorized accessory. I bought the F70, lower teir, no second camera and love it.

What dashcam did you go with?....I see Ford is using ThinkWare now as their OEM authorized accessory. I bought the F70, lower teir, no second camera and love it.
I bought a Thinkware (can't remember the model number) back in 2017 for my Explorer Platinum. 1080p back and front. I believe this is before Ford went with them as an authorized accessory. I had them remove it from the old Exp and install it on the new one.

I bought a Thinkware (can't remember the model number) back in 2017 for my Explorer Platinum. 1080p back and front. I believe this is before Ford went with them as an authorized accessory. I had them remove it from the old Exp and install it on the new one.
Your decision was between the Thinkware 770 dual camera setup and the Blackvue 650S-2CH.

Peter

As usual, you are correct Peter. Now I'm not sure if it's a Blackvue or Thinkware! I threw out the boxes when I moved 2 years ago. The 770 rings a bell. Every 2 weeks it reminds me to reformat the SD card to ensure data integrity. It's the one where you have to install the rear camera upside down (from its logo).

Back