• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Potential ST owner

Bill Holt

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brandon, Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 st
I am in the process of selecting a dealer to order a 2020 ST. Any insight as what to ask for etc... one question, what is the X-Plan that Ford offers ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

UofMEngineer

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
17' Escape Titanium
X is basically the friends/neighbors/suppliers plan. It’s a fixed purchase price, usually close to invoice. Sometimes it works out well, others you can get a better deal through negotiating or dealer shopping.

blwnsmoke

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
By all means, shop around. I got mine in VA and I had dealers in NJ, MD, MI, IL and WI all dipping more than 50% into holdback without even negotiating.

PutInBay

Reaction score
City, State
Missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
Jeep Wrangler
I'm shooting for Invoice minus Holdback minus 1/2 of Floor Plan assist.

MSRP is $60,135 (Tech Package, Street Package, Bench Seat, Moon Roof).

Invoice is $58,637.

Holdback is $1804.

Floor Plan Assist is $995.

$58,637 - $1804 - $500 = $54,333

Add $199 doc fee.

Out-the-door price is $54,500 (we pay taxes separately at the DMV here in Missouri).

This will be a customer order, hence the reason I want 1/2 of the Floor Plan Assist (will be on the lot for less than 24 hours).

Total profit for the dealer will be around $700. Plus, they'll get another unit sold for the month, which might translate into a larger bonus for the dealership.

Thanks!

blwnsmoke

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Floor plan assist is 1.5% of base MSRP ($54,740). For the ST, that is $821, not $995.

The dealer would have to be very aggressive and frankly do not see them even entertaining giving you floor plan. I've good friends with a few dealerships and they would laugh everyone out the door even bringing it up. You certainly should be able to go into holdback (3 were doing $500 over holdback)

Best of luck though!!

NEWPORTNJ

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ST EXPLORER
St, Pk
Floor plan assist is 1.5% of base MSRP ($54,740). For the ST, that is $821, not $995.

The dealer would have to be very aggressive and frankly do not see them even entertaining giving you floor plan. I've good friends with a few dealerships and they would laugh everyone out the door even bringing it up. You certainly should be able to go into holdback (3 were doing $500 over holdback)

Best of luck though!!
Question, Is there a big difference between ST AND Platinum ? beside price.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Off hand I'd say the ST would have a stiffer suspension (Unique sport-tuned independent front and rear suspension) and a little more HP and torque. With the ST you only get the Ebony interior. The Platinum has a few more features and interior colour choice.
You can do a compared on the Ford site. 2020 Ford® Explorer SUV | Compare Models | Ford.com

Peter

Last edited:

Bill Holt

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brandon, Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 st
Hey THANKS guys for all the info. I visited my dealer today to look at the ST...very impressed. One question though....the sales guy & I tried to activate the foot sensor to open the rear access door. Would not work ! Tried it with motor running and not running...nothing. He said it may be because the vehicle had a factory installed trailer hitch. He is going to research this. Do any of you folks have any thoughts/inputs ?

NEWPORTNJ

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ST EXPLORER
St, Pk
Did you have the key with you ? Some times you need to do like a sweep motion.

blwnsmoke

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Lol, I love sales people. So it comes with the kick activation standard and comes with the tow hitch standard but because of the tow hitch, it isnt working... :crazy:

Anyways, it does work, I did it a few times yesterday. You have to kick in and out on the left or right side of the hitch for it to activate. Id say about 4-6" on either side of dead center.

Did you have the FOB in your hand/pocket?

Bill Holt

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brandon, Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 st
Did you have the key with you ? Some times you need to do like a sweep motion.
YES, the sales rep had the key. The one thing that comes to mind.......does the vehicle have to be locked ?

Bill Holt

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brandon, Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 st
Lol, I love sales people. So it comes with the kick activation standard and comes with the tow hitch standard but because of the tow hitch, it isnt working... :crazy:

Anyways, it does work, I did it a few times yesterday. You have to kick in and out on the left or right side of the hitch for it to activate. Id say about 4-6" on either side of dead center.

Did you have the FOB in your hand/pocket?
Does the vehicle have to be locked ?

dstewart51

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake Hughes, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Callsign
KJ7E
Was the power lift gate disabled?

B25688CF-649B-439A-83D5-D6FD3A8C2619.jpeg

robwrx03

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 porsche 718 gts
Is this a good deal? 2020 ST, Street Pack, Moonroof, and Tech package. Its about 1000 under invoice, best I can find at the moment for the specific color + option package im looking for.

MSRP 59520
Selling Price 56100

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

blwnsmoke

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Is this a good deal? 2020 ST, Street Pack, Moonroof, and Tech package. Its about 1000 under invoice, best I can find at the moment for the specific color + option package im looking for.

MSRP 59520
Selling Price 56100
Yes, that is a very good deal.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Bill Holt

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brandon, Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 st

MSRP 59520
Selling Price 56100
When the time comes to do my order I would be happy to get offered this deal.