31's vs 32's | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

31's vs 32's

I am ordering my body lift next week. and I was debating on 31's or 32's I went and had them priced and there is like a 60 dollar difference. Is it worth it or is it not that noticable?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

32's After my body lift I almost regret not putting 33's on cause the 32's clear and then some.

I guess I'm one of the few that 265/75/16's (31.8x10.50 from big-o data) fit perfect with no rubbing STOCK but I figured I'd need a BL

If you're thinking of 32x11.50s vs 31x10.50s you need to think if you can clear the extra width too.

Also keep in mind some tire companies 32" tires are closer to a 33", and some are closer to a 31" in real world diameter.
Most manufacturers will list the actual tire diameter.

31's and 33's are typically cheaper than 32's because they sell more of them.

Also as mentioned above, if you can clear 32's you can likely clear 33's with minimul rubbing or trimming.

Just keep in mind it is really difficult to say "yes they will fit" or No they wont" because each truck, suspension, and tire is different......

I dont want to run 33's because I only have 3.73 gears and from what I understand that isnt the best setup. thanks for all the replys I have discovered a bunch of cool stuff here. :chug:

33s and 3.73 is adequite. From a stock 235 tire with 3.73 to 33, the gear ratio falls to about 3.25 or so according to my calculations..

adequate, but not nearly preferred.

yeah not preferred but if your on a budget like myself, you might have to just deal with it for the long run.

Back