33x10.50-- Whos Running them?

Kirby N.

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Colorado Springs, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Ranger
Any body running 33x10.50's? I have the James Duff 3" Variable Rate Coil lift, and I am adding spacers to the front and swapping the rear shackels and add-leaf for a SOA. I want to run BFG allterrain 33x10.50s, but I don't know if they will fit. Any Ideas? Any pictures of these on an Ex? Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They should fit. Ray Hutchinson used to run them on his with a 2.5" James Duff and 2" body. They'll be a lot easier than 33x12.50's, I know that much...

Keven Cross (offroadkc) also runs them on his, but his is a late model. He did a 3" body, shackles, and torsion twist.

With a SOA in the rear, you'll be able to fit them no problem...

i'm running them.

Any of yous guys Got Pictures? I am debating on ordering them from Discount now or waiting to test fit them. Is anybody running them with3.73s? hows the power?
Another ? You guys think my truck will look like a dragster or will it sit level? Thanks

Oh yeah two tone- I have looked everywhere for a picture of rays rig to no avail. Ive looked at like 100 search results- no pictures. What is a FX$- is that the ranger or f150?

there's a pic of my truck on my homepage if u click the link below my posts. i'm running mine w/ 4.56's but i have ran 33x12.50's with 3.73's.

ray hutchinson may be in pictures from the thaven 2002 run.... he was there with his bfg 33x10.5x15s ..... i thought ray had a rancho lift and not a duff lift....

What size rim are you going to run? I have the 10.50s on 8.5" rims and they look OK. I've run them on the stock 7" rim, but the 8.5s will wear better I'm sure.
My X is a '98 with a 2"TT and 3"BL. I had no rubbing with the stock 7" rims. My 8.5s are 4" backspace (like stock) and now I have a decent amount of rubbing to take care of. Maybe an 8" rim would have helped...I don't know. If your X has smaller fenderwells, you may need the BL to clear the tires...I don't know how much trimming you're willing to do.

Swee, your home page won't come up for me it says aol something. Did you like the 10.50's better than the 12.50s?

Jim, what does Hutchinsons truck look like?

Mascman, I am planning on running them with stock rims. i don't want to trim the outside of the fender, I will do the hammer thing in the well and sawsal inside, but i want to avoid cutting the painted area. You think it'll fly? Yours lookks buff. They don't look too wide like i think the 12.50s do.

Try this

Dead Link Removed

and yes i do like the 10.50's better than the 12.50s.

That thing is sweet! It is alot bigger than mine though! I hope 33s will fit on mine!

Thanks

Thanks man. are u gonna run 4" or so? i ran 33x12.50's the first time i lifted it w/ 4" but i had to do some trimming. if u would like to see that pic i can send it to you if u give me your email.

thanks

here's Ray's truck:

thaven_ray.jpg

Jim - you could be right, I can't remember if he's running the Duff 2.5" or Rancho 2"

mascman boggs on the 23rd you gonna go check em out.... and see if i can hold my title?:D

94EBexplorer I may have plans that day, but if I can get away I'd like to check it out. What time do they start? I'm babying my clutch untill bonus time in August or I'd give it a shot!

I was in Greensburg this weekend and saw there was a car show by Home Depot. Where you in it? It was late and I had to get my daughter home, but I should've done a drive by to check it out.

Kirby The Tires will be Ok on 7" rims, but I figured the 8.5" would make them wear better. The trimming I was talking about would be inside the fenderwell. If they made cut-out flares I would get them...but they don't have them for my body style. If they make them for yours it may be another thing to think about.

yeah i was up at that car show.... i only live about 5 min away i think they start at 12.... you gotta be registered by 11....

Two Tone
Rays truck looks way cool, But I kinda leaning tword 31s now. It looks like those tires will rub on his ex with a little flex and he has a body lift also. There is a good deal on some 31 mud terrains at Pepboys with a 40,000 mile waranty. But if I go with 31s I dont want to regret it in 2 months!
Swee, My Email is poopoo2222@hotmail.com Iwill be running close to 4" so I would be interested in some pictures. I should be running about 4.25" in the front and 4.5-5" in the rear. Thanks for the responses fellas

Two Tone- you want to run hacket July 21 w/ Me and 2 Cherokees? I know Holy Cross is the same weekend, but my brothers in the Cherokees Chicked, so we are doing something more conservative:(

Hey 94EBexplorer, i live in greensburg and i think i see you around my house every once in a while.... maybe at a house on Navaho DR. ? not sure but, i drive around in my 92 X, pretty stock for now. its light blue. I also drove right past that show while goin to wal-mart to get some pictures.... hmm maybe next week ill stop and look at it.
Steve

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

im not to sure where that road is.... but my X is nothing compared to the trucks in that show.... my rigs for go.... not show.... but i kinda keep it clean.... we will have to hook up sometime. go wheeling.... nothing around here a stocker cant handel...

Back