• Register Today It's free!

351 windsor

Muddwhale

Reaction score
City, State
Duluth, Mn
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
I just found out a friends dad has a 351 windsor sitting in his garage and might be willing to give it away... What would be the pro's and cons of putting that big an engine in my 91 explorer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pros:

1. You will gain a lot of new knowledge and skills, especially the skill of beating the firewall to make it fit (I'm assuming)

2. If you do a good job, and post pictures here you will gain the admiration of many board members.

3. Your truck will go faster.

Cons:

1. Your current poor gas mileage will probably change to horrific.

2. The guy in the auto parts store will ask what engine you have and it won't come up on his computer.

3. Changing the spark plugs will be a b!tch. (Not that it isn't already)

P.S. Don't take any of that seriously. :p

Lol... yah, I already expect it to be tough to get in but I think it'll be worth it when all the works done. I know I'll have to redo the entire drivetrain and it's not going to be cheap but I've got the money and time... I guess I'm just weighing my options and looking for a couple good tips if I do decide to do it. Humor works too though... lmao

Maintenance will be rough. If you are going to do that you might as well go whole hog and buy my C6 auto that bolts to the small block. You might break the frame before the drivetrain! LOL

thank you. I'll go talk to them and see what they say. Sorry, I'd buy it from you but I'd get this engine pretty cheap considering. Thanx though. Would be something to see though lmao.

Back