$37k Explorer - no center console on 2nd row? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

$37k Explorer - no center console on 2nd row?

Fordusay

Reaction score
So we were dead set on an XLT with leather-- no frills, just fairly nice. Went and looked at 'em, and all the XLT's that had bench seats did not have a fold down console. Have they always been like this? It seems a little trivial, but an armest is nice every now and then. The Limited's have 'em...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So we were dead set on an XLT with leather-- no frills, just fairly nice. Went and looked at 'em, and all the XLT's that had bench seats did not have a fold down console. Have they always been like this? It seems a little trivial, but an armest is nice every now and then. The Limited's have 'em...

It is one of the perk's of the bench seat on the limited (and sport).

As far as I know, it has always been like that. Just another one of those loveable manufacturer nudges trying to get you spend just a little (or a lot) more on your vehicle.

That said, our Limited has the 2nd row buckets with the center console. Honestly, we wouldn't get the buckets without the console. Since they have no built-in in-board arm rests, the console is needed for comfort. Plus, it also has convenient cup holders and a nice amount of storage. We decided on the buckets after we found that the bench doesn't slide fore and aft (like the buckets do). Since we don't often use the 3rd row, we slide the 2nd row all the way back to give a little more leg room. It worked out very well on our vacation road-trip.

i guess that is one way to put it...just not very intuitive on ford's part, unless they want people to say--durn either upgrade to Limited/Sport, or move to another SUV all together. noticed that on the second row buckets, they dont have arm rests either...

i guess that is one way to put it...just not very intuitive on ford's part, unless they want people to say--durn either upgrade to Limited/Sport, or move to another SUV all together. noticed that on the second row buckets, they dont have arm rests either...

And just so you know, the Sport isn't available with the center console at all. You can get the buckets, but no console. That's just another little thing that makes me think that a new Lincoln Aviator is on its way, gotta give each car its spot in the marketplace (but that is a whole other discussion :))

Back