• Register Today It's free!

4.0L Supercharger???

purdyboy3

Reaction score
City, State
Macon, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 XLS
I've been looking for a supercharger system for my 02 Xplorer, but haven't found anything...does anyone know where to look for this and any other performance parts for the new 4.0.
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome!

There aren't any supercharger kits available for the 4.0 SOHC, yet. There are rumors of some in the works, but I don't put much faith in them. Any supercharger setup would have to be custom. That being said, if you have mechanical knowhow, access to a machine shop and materials, time and money, you can get a supercharger put on there. Or, find a good speed shop, give them your truck and your ckeckbook ;)

As for other performance parts, a good start is definately an intake kit and custom exhaust. I don't know if a chip is available for the 02 4door yet. Unfortunately, the 4.0 SOHC doesn't have much of an aftermarket backing. Good luck!

as of currently knowing.. there are only supercharges for the 4.0L explorer models for the years 1989-1998
sorry/

oooh 1989? Is that a top secret conspiracy?:p

Originally posted by Naga Sadow
oooh 1989? Is that a top secret conspiracy?:p

LOL..
but it would fit the 1989 ranger with the 4.0.
it's the same as a 91-94 explorer

Back