4 inch lift | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4 inch lift

• Thread starter Xplorer in an Explorer
  • Start date
X

Xplorer in an Explorer

Hello everyone!
I am interested in purchasing a 4 inch suspension lift (maybe from superlift) and also putting 31 inch tires on my 94 explorer sport. I am curious as to any estimation of what all of this (the lift anyway) and the installation may cost. The problem is i cant do it on my own for many reasons. I am really not looking to spend anymore than about $1200 on the whole project. Any special deals or bargains anyone can recommend? thanks for any info

With that kind of budget I would recommend the James Duff 2.5" lift. It's a complete kit, including shocks, and several people here on the list seem to be happy with it. It costs only $400, and then your new 31" tires would cost you another $400. That leaves you $400 for installation of the kit and mounting/balancing the new tires. I'm not sure on the price of the Superlift 4" kit, but from what I've seen, the Duff lift is the most bang for the buck. (Just wish they had one for '96 and newer Explorers!!)

------------------
Cheers,

Andrew B.
1996 Ford Explorer 4x4 (slightly modified)
BC, Canada

I just sent Mat an email to get more info about the open house. Who knows, I might be in some way responsible for a real late model lift?? Dead Link Removed

------------------
Cheers,

Andrew B.
1996 Ford Explorer 4x4 (slightly modified)
BC, Canada

Andrew,

Mat R mentioned tha James Duff is having an Open House in June. Why don't you drive down there and talk to them? Maybe they could use yours as a prototype.

------------------
Paul Gagnon
Dead Link Removed

Back