• Register Today It's free!

6 CD in dash mp3

MatthewS119

Reaction score
City, State
Houston ,Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Sport
I wanted to up grade my cd player and like the look of the stock, does anybody know it this cd player will work in a 1999 sport 6 CD in dash mp3 . any place to look for help or does anyone know.

That's a tough one without some more info. First, we need to find out what vehicle it came out of. The new Ex's have two screws on the bottom of the radio and don't use the Ford keys. If it came from a Ranger, Superduty, or Excursion you might be safe. Secondly, we need to determine what kind of plugs your Ex has for it's radio. Two flat plugs, no. One flat plug, one square plug, no. One square plug that looks like it could plug into the back of that new radio, possibly. I say possibly because this new radio may need to be used with a factory amp to work.

One thing to consider, though, is that you can get a very nice aftermarket MP3 player for $300 and Metra's kit for the 99 Ex's does not look that bad with the right radio.

The CD player is out of a 04 f150 and i has the the two key holes

04 F-150 is completely redesigned. I know that harness is completely different and I'm pretty sure the size of the radio is not the same either, but I'm not positive. So far I've only done 1 new F-150 and that was only for a changer. I'll see if I can check into it.

Back