91-09 Explorer 5" of lift for under 300.00 | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

91-09 Explorer 5" of lift for under 300.00

u know where i can get the best price on the body lift i need?

a url?

thank you, Im about to order

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

suspensionconnection.com again all the links and everything are on the first page. I made my gap gaurds myself out of pond lining I got from a garden shop.

OK....so my shocks squeak really bad and I need to get new ones. If I do the total lift of 5 in. what size of like a top brand shocks would I need? Someone said stock will work, but with the stock size they sag pretty bad from the weight of a full capacity of friends.:p: :banghead:

Shocks have nothing to do with sagging. They don't provide any lift and are not the part of the suspension that holds the truck up. Sagging is caused by worn out leaf springs. (Or in other vehicles, worn out coils, etc.)

Yeah, go with Russ' input for the pond lining, Gap Guards are a gargantuan waste of money, so useless. Why pay 90 dollars for something you can make with less than 20? Check out Home Depot, you could even think about buying some fake rubber floor tiling to cut to shape for your new gaps.

What about the 2wd 3 inch lift spindles for the ranger + TT & spring over axles in the rear?

that's 5" for $350 IF YOU CAN WELD THE NEW PERCHES ON THE AXLE.

WOULD THIS BE EASIER THAN JUST BL,SHACKLE,TT?

Is there any other suspension lift for the front besides TT (already done) to get another 2-3 inches? I want to make sure I can get 32 or 33" tires in there. I'm not sure if I've got all of the tools/know-how to tackle the BL or not.

Is there any other suspension lift for the front besides TT (already done) to get another 2-3 inches? I want to make sure I can get 32 or 33" tires in there. I'm not sure if I've got all of the tools/know-how to tackle the BL or not.

You can fit a 32" tire with only the tt and shackles with a little cutting of the inner plastic wheel well on the front. That is if you remove your running boards and the plastic valance under the front bumper which im sure you already have. And no there is not another lift unless you purchased the front part of the superlift kit. If you don't feel comfortable doing the body lift or don't have the tools I would just stick with the 32"s tt and shackles.

REVISED LIFT PLAN, $20 3'' Rear Lift

Your post was great and it got me started lifting my xploder, but- those warrior 153 shackles are junk and heres why- You pay $70 for them and they dont give more than 1.5 inch of lift. Everything else is true the torsion twist is great I got at least 3 inches (no bullshit) cranking mine all the way and didnt need new adjuster bolts, anyway- GO TO ADVANCE AUTO PARTS, WALK TO THE SUSPENSION AISLE AND BUY THEIR UNIVERSAL LIFT SHACKLES FOR $20, THEY WILL GIVE YOU 3" OF LIFT Again, great write up got me started, but my stock 99 Sport fit 31x10.50/15's on it without anything, now I can run 33s with little rubbing. (I will say you want to add a bolt into one of the adjuster slots on the shackles for stability, what do you expect for $20.

Your post was great and it got me started lifting my xploder, but- those warrior 153 shackles are junk and heres why- You pay $70 for them and they dont give more than 1.5 inch of lift. Everything else is true the torsion twist is great I got at least 3 inches (no bullshit) cranking mine all the way and didnt need new adjuster bolts, anyway- GO TO ADVANCE AUTO PARTS, WALK TO THE SUSPENSION AISLE AND BUY THEIR UNIVERSAL LIFT SHACKLES FOR $20, THEY WILL GIVE YOU 3" OF LIFT Again, great write up got me started, but my stock 99 Sport fit 31x10.50/15's on it without anything, now I can run 33s with little rubbing. (I will say you want to add a bolt into one of the adjuster slots on the shackles for stability, what do you expect for $20.

Yeah but good luck if one of those cheap shackles ever break on you!

also that can damage your supension on tough stretches tightening the torsion bars that much. but good luck you obviously think you know everything. ;)

The Warrior shackles are 69.99 for a reason. Because they're QUALITY If you hold them them next to your cheap universal shackles you will see the difference. Personally I would never run the universal shackles on a Explorer. There is no support in the middle and they are weak....and NO a bolt is not a substitute! If you got 3" from them they must be extremely long and I feel really sorry for your leaf springs. If you got 3" from the TT I really hope your truck is 2wd or else your cv joints are going to die. Also sports have larger wheel wells than 4doors so you can fit larger tires. With the 3bl tt and shackles you can fit 35's. Anyway stop the exaggerations and don't come in this thread and give your not recommended advice because it is not safe. The cheapo shackles are not recommended in the write up for a reason.

The Warrior shackles are 69.99 for a reason. Because they're QUALITY.............The cheapo shackles are not recommended in the write up for a reason.

x2

x3 if had these shackles on 3 different expos and the only problen i have is the paint is commin off it is worth the cost and just the shackles and tt i got 33's and the body lift i got 35's

man thans alot. helps out big time. il be sure to post my beauty on , once i lift her and get some new tread.

Thanks for making such a great thread....awesome...:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

99ex22, whats the difference between a sus lift, or the tt shackles, and 3 inch bl. i could do the tt and shackles on my own by the post instructions on here no sweat, but if a fella aint tht handy with this ****, wouldnt he sus lift at a shop instead of the bl....?
thanks man!

Back