• Register Today It's free!

93 X electrical problem

s10 warrior

Reaction score
City, State
hawaii
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 ford explorer
93 X ,4 door, 4x4,4.0v6 ,auto.. power locks/windows.

driver door has no power going to the window motor or speaker.
(the rest of the speakers/window motors work )
driver door switch panel works,sometimes itll work the front pass window,somes works,sometimes dont. power locks all work.

power mirrors/seats dont work (fuse under hood is good)

also i have an extra plug that goes to nothing on the driver door wiring harness..
i have the window motor,door light,power door lock actuator,power mirror,speaker plugged in.. i still have an extra plug that goes to nothing!

FORDEXPLORER075.jpg

FORDEXPLORER077.jpg

mystery plug... whats it for?

i took a multimeter and found no power going to the window motor plug,and speaker, and light socket.. fuses are good, so i have no idea where to start at.

any help or advice would be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you check the fuses under the dash?

You are missing the one-touch roll-down module, that's why the window motor is not getting power. The module attaches to the back of the door panel... probably why it is missing. If you probed the connections, you may figure out how to bypass it.

You are missing the one-touch roll-down module, that's why the window motor is not getting power. The module attaches to the back of the door panel... probably why it is missing. If you probed the connections, you may figure out how to bypass it.

Yep now that I look again that's what is missing.

I just looked at the wiring diagram for the windows and to bypass it all you need to do is the R/Y wire to the R wire. They should be the thickest wires on that connector as they carry the power to the motor.

If you want to retain the one touch down function though you'll need to find a new module. Shouldn't be too hard to find one at a junkyard just look at any Ford with power windows and if the switch for the driver window says "auto" it'll have one of the module's.

Also another thought if the driver side panel doesn't control the other windows the switch's might be bad. Mine had several bad when I first got it. I just swapped them with ones from a JY.

And as for the speakers I'd start looking for cut wire's. After reading your other thread it sounds like some one did a nice hackjob on it. Break out the test light.

thanks for the tips. went to the wrecking yard and pulled the one touche module from a 94.. window motor is getting power now.
speaker still dont work, ill check in to that later, it may be a problem behind the dash. power mirrors still dont work, dont know whats up with them . getting no power at the plugs.

Here's some diagrams for you.

Power didtribution box under hood.
PowerBox2.png

PowerBox.png

In case you can't read it cause of the size. Fuse 6 controls the power windows.

If it's not that then this should help. Diagram of the Power window system.
PowerWindows.png

Let me know if you need any other diagrams or if you can't read them.

Back