'94 302/4R70W/BW1354 Upgrade | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'94 302/4R70W/BW1354 Upgrade

OK guys, a few of you helped me with my SAS setup and because of you guys, everything went pretty smooth with the swap. Thanks!

Now it's time to continue on with this "Island Explorer" project and get a engine and tranny upgrade. Here's what I am looking at so far:

'96-'00 Explorer Donor - grabbing the 5.0L V8, the 4R70W tranny, all the electricals for engine and tranny, radiator parts, and whatever else I'm gonna need from the donor.

I plan on keeping my BW1354 and getting the adapter from AA from tranny to TC. I'm also getting other parts for this conversion through AA.

What you guys think? :thumbsup: or :thumbdwn:
Any problems? Anyone know if theres any problems with the exhaust manifold and the fender wells? I haven't seen any pics but it might be hard to change spark plugs with the wells and plugs near each other. Though I do have a 3" body lift!!! :rolleyes:

I dunno? I have aluminum mustang valve covers on my 96 Explorer, I used them to clear the aftermarket 1.6 roller rockers I installed.

I imagine most 302 valve covers will bolt up, they should clear the factory stamped rockers...

I have some 94 Cobra mustang stamped steel covers I will be using next, the aluminum covers are a PITA due to the oil fill tube and location

Hmm not much activity.

How's it goin?

Well since my last post, I haven't been on here too much (if u already haven't noticed), but recent, I got promoted to a new position at my job which requires me to go back to school to get an EE degree. So since last fall semester, I've been attending University of Hawaii at Manoa, as a full time student for the next four years. (well three years now).

Because of this, my engine/tranny swap has been on hold, but I plan on picking up the pace during the summer when I am back at work again. (schools too demanding to work on an engine swap). Hence me back on here after the past several months.

I was very surprised to hear of Aldive's passing and it just seems so unreal to me still.

"Just keep swimming"

Well I'll be periodically back on here but I am also juggling other things as I just moved from a townhouse to an actual house so more responsibilities.

Well Aloha.... and game on...

Back