94 explorer KOH build | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

94 explorer KOH build

my plan is build a stock class 94 2 door sport explorer to compete in next years King of the hammers in johnson valley ca. .. i been building trucks and hot rods for years but never anything to this extreme . and if they can build a cherokee to run it .. a explorer will do just fine ..

here is the start ..

IMG00202-20110723-1755.jpg

i was gonna do a 460 swap and keep it on the street but if u put the 460 in it it would not be able to run "stock class"

i run a shop that consists of a machine shop, car lighting(HID's and LEDS), JD32 bender and other parts i sell like honda parts and ect . but the main focus is the off road but we are not a big shop

i would need to start constructing a 2" DOM cage and such .. i dont have a hydralic version of the bender to bend that big .. any one got a die set for a model 32 to use in exchange for any led or hid product .. i have other donations already not in any order such as sd metal supply,hella,tojeep.com,and others i just need axle vendors and drivetrain donations .. i would also like to donate to this site so moderators please contact me . thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...As a KOH regular and a dreamer myself of entering the "Stock" class someday, I'm subscribing..:biggthump

..When you say..

i would also like to donate to this site so

..I assume you are referring to becoming "Elite"..This link should get you there..;)
http://www.explorer4x4.com/elite.html

..And thats a pretty big picture to view on my little laptop..

2" tube for a cage - aint that kinda big? or is that due to rules/regulations.

2" tube for a cage - aint that kinda big? or is that due to rules/regulations.

yuppers:
DVWR Over 4200 lb. - 2” diameter x .120” wall thickness.

Look forward to the build, If you race in the modified class you can use any engine you want:

ENGINE
Any and all engines are permitted, providing they meet all the additional rules and regulations
specified herein, and with the following limitations and exceptions: The back of the engine-block
must be located in front of the furthest-forward portion of the driver's seat, unless otherwise-equipped, as originally manufactured.

Here's the link to the rulebook:
http://ultra4racing.com/racers/rulebook/

subscribed. had the same though but not the pocket change.

are you going to stay with ttb, do a 50/60 axle? that would be sweet!

..Any updates on this build?..:popcorn:

Back