96 5.0 tuning? where how who | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

96 5.0 tuning? where how who

OP-

get yourself a quarterhorse and post a thread on www.efidynotuning.com

The custom tuning software Tunerpro RT is free on my website and when you post I'll toss up the def file to custom tune it on the homepage alonh with a base tune to get you going in a hurry.

your welcome

heres all the details

http://www.efidynotuning.com/started.htm

now be mindful, i hadnt wrote the patch code to datalog through the QH on the 96/97 explorers cuz no one has asked for it. If i get any free time or if a premium member requests it then ill jump on it. So for the time being youll only be able to custom tune and make changes in realtime.

Everything except datalog

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OP-

get yourself a quarterhorse and post a thread on www.efidynotuning.com

The custom tuning software Tunerpro RT is free on my website and when you post I'll toss up the def file to custom tune it on the homepage alonh with a base tune to get you going in a hurry.

your welcome

heres all the details

Getting Started / EFIDynoTuning

now be mindful, i hadnt wrote the patch code to datalog through the QH on the 96/97 explorers cuz no one has asked for it. If i get any free time or if a premium member requests it then ill jump on it. So for the time being youll only be able to custom tune and make changes in realtime.

Everything except datalog

I know this is a little old, I was wondering if you wrote a patch code for the 96/97 explorer ecu. I have a 97 and I would like to tune it and delete all emissions due to being a trail only rig. I'm debating between this or Henson tune with the sct x4.

Thank you

I know this is a little old, I was wondering if you wrote a patch code for the 96/97 explorer ecu. I have a 97 and I would like to tune it and delete all emissions due to being a trail only rig. I'm debating between this or Henson tune with the sct x4.

Thank you

this is going to be easy for you. henson is no longer around to do tuning

im late as you can see i don't frequent here often

tunerpro is for the DIY tuner or for those that want to do tuning in realtime while the engine is running or for those that want full access to their tunes

if u already have the x4 though then i'd recommend just using it no point in not, I do tune these with SCT as well just fyi although tunerpro is significantly preffered

im late as you can see i don't frequent here often

tunerpro is for the DIY tuner or for those that want to do tuning in realtime while the engine is running or for those that want full access to their tunes

if u already have the x4 though then i'd recommend just using it no point in not, I do tune these with SCT as well just fyi although tunerpro is significantly preffered

You and I have been talking on your website efi dyno tuning. I’m bronco73idi, I own a 95 bronco with a 7.3 idi Diesel. I did get the quarter horse and the RZASA ecu. This Saturday I’m going to the boneyard to get a eec-v pigtail other stuff. I want to be able to power up the ECU and load the files in the House. I won’t install it until after my Moab trip in April.

Sounds wicked cool FSB with IDI 7.3!!!

94DA27F6-FD35-412D-AD04-DC3BB461EDBD.jpeg
I also have a 12v powered 3rd gen Dodge Ram 1500 lol

I live in town on 1/3 of an acre. My neighbors tolerate me doh!!!

I found something relevant to your setup. Just this week I was browsing through the code and stubled upon the DIS_COP_HW switch in the RZASA code. That switch will need to be changed to run coil packs instead of coil on plug. I also found a handful of transmission related parameters I added in as well. I hadn't posted a new rzasa xdf since I figured no one needed it but I'll go ahead and post up a new xdf in the morning.

Fox has more room but by all means.... Go for it.

People also swap the 32v 4.6 in the fox. It's just slightly bigger than a 302

LOL, that is good sarcasm.

Eric has done the LS in his 99 Sport, and with a turbo. That will be nice when he finishes it. But any engine swap in these a big headache, doable or not, and of course full of fabricated parts.

I like the little support we do get from tuners we mention here, thanks @decipha for trying to give some help. I would still like to consider a Mustang PCM to gain the speed and COP's.

np

coil on plugs are nice but the speed isn't really an issue or a concern as even the older ecu's have sufficient processing power for most anything you can throw at it

np

coil on plugs are nice but the speed isn't really an issue or a concern as even the older ecu's have sufficient processing power for most anything you can throw at it

It's just a thought, given some of the tuning issues a couple of blown guys have had with driveability. Somebody remarked a later PCM might be easier to work with in the boosted combinations. I've thought on it knowing I'll be rebuilding an engine harness soon for my 92 Lincoln, using a 2002 Mustang harness, and a 1997 302 Explorer harness, to run with a 97 PCM. So mixing wires is the big deal to retrofit such an idea.

The 97 ecu hasn’t been broken yet for public sharing. TwEECer says they support it but.... Lasota can program an SCT for it but if you change something then you need him to retune it. Decipha can break it down so you can tune it but that takes a bunch of time and time cost

I plan on running a 2004 crown Vic ecu on my 1997 explorer. Here is a link to Decipha and I talking about the options.

EFIDynoTuning • View topic - 1997 Ford explorer XDT1?

The 97 ecu hasn’t been broken yet for public sharing. TwEECer says they support it but.... Lasota can program an SCT for it but if you change something then you need him to retune it. Decipha can break it down so you can tune it but that takes a bunch of time and time cost

I plan on running a 2004 crown Vic ecu on my 1997 explorer. Here is a link to Decipha and I talking about the options.

EFIDynoTuning • View topic - 1997 Ford explorer XDT1?

Interesting. I have two of the XDT1 computers, one for my 347 Lincoln, and one possible for a 351 Clevor in my Ranchero. My 98 project will be the only one with boost, so that I thought it might be worth thinking of a different PCM. I figured the 99-04 Mustang PCM might be the most common and have the most known about them.

For my 98 I'd prefer to use that PCM, if the tuning can be done well for the two combinations I plan to run. First I'll install a custom exhaust(2.5" actual dual), then the blower with everything intended for the better 337 engine. That will be the stock 302, boost kind of low with the stock 6" crank pulley and maybe a 3" blower pulley. Then after painting, the last combination will be the new engine, 7" custom crank pulley, and about the same 3" blower pulley for boost in the 12-14psi range. All I have so far for the final engine are the heads and intake, 309/235cfm @.550" TFS heads done by TEA, and a TFS R lower.

I already have the xdt1 ecu disassembled. The hard part is done. I started on it a few years back and was going to free release it but the person that wanted it backed out. If anyone wants to custom tune these just LMK. All it would take is for one of yall to go a remote tune and the rest of yall can tune them for free once I finish it. I've already flashed a handful of ecu's for members here already.

Back