'96 XLT want 31"/33" tires, help? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'96 XLT want 31"/33" tires, help?

Hi, I am a girl who doesn't know much about cars, but I like the way the explorers look with big tires. I have a '96 xlt, and want to put on 31" or 33" tires. What do I have to do (lifts, etc.) I would appreciate any help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the site! 33's will be a stretch without some trimming or a body lift. what you need to do is try a search for TT/Shackles one of the cheapest things you can do and the easiest. but 31's with the TT/Shackles should be no problem at all.

:( Sorry, but what are TT/shackles?

Welcome to the Site!!!

A TT/Shackle is a mod in which lifts you explorer approx. 2 inches. This will allow you to fit 31 inch tires on.

The TT stands for Torsion Twist. This lifts the front of the truck and all you have to do is get a socket and turn two bolts therefore creating lift.

The shackle part: Warrio products sells extended shackles for explorers. They replace the factory shackle of the leaf spring pack in the rear.

Hope this helps.

Here's a link for the TT/Shackle mod install:
Dead Link Removed

Damn Tarheel!, If I wasn't stuck up in New Hampshire on a laptop and 56k, I would have beat you!!

murphexplorer, hope our information helps, and don't forget pics! Everyone loves pics!

im running 32x11.50x15 on stock alum. rims with TT and coilover shocks on back with no rubbing at all

im running 32x11.50x15 on stock alum. rims with TT and coilover shocks on back with no rubbing at all on a96 xlt

Back