'97 Eddie Window Tint | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'97 Eddie Window Tint

Anyone know where I can get some tint to do the front windows on my '97 Eddie Bauer to match the factory tint on the rears? I've sent this question to a few different tint shops and nobody wants to touch it. It looks as if the rears have a touch of gold in them.

Anyone have any experience tinting the front, side windows? Any downside to it?

Thanks,
matt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you have to mix two different tints....I didnt bother paying for mine to be mathced perfect as it was twice the cost. I just have Lumar Platinum Plus 14% on the front. It matches perfect in some light, and not in others....I believe the match is like 35% Lumar Platinum Plus and 35% Lumar Bronze or something like that. A reputable shop should be able to figure it out, and if they cant, or wont you dont want them tinting your windows anyway.

I matched my factory mirror tint quite well with 35% mirror tint from Autozone. I belive it was made by Gia?

Being the cheap ba$tard that I am, it's something that I'm going to tackle myself. Especially if I can't screw anything up too bad!! ;)

Thanks for the tip on the Autozone Gia...I'll take a look this weekend! I'll probably go ahead and followup on the Lumar too. I'll let everyone know how it looks.

matt

On that note about how much will it cost to get a shop to match the rear tinting on the front windows. (darkness wise) I have a 2000 XLS and I don't think there's anything special about the tint, just regular tint.

the rear windows come out to be about 17%...the closest match is 15% and it will be very hard to notice the difference, but it will be there however.

Ive also been looking to tint my X and i want it done right and to look great. So if thats not very possible by doing it myself then i will take it to a shop because im getting it painted and all redone so i wont it looking nice. I want as dark as tint possible on all the windows of my 4 door 97 XLT. The two back windows have a real dark tint and i beleive everythign is stock. Any one got advice?

Back