• Register Today It's free!

'97 sport body lift ?

97X

Reaction score
City, State
Warsaw, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 sport
i bought the PA853 3" kit, and i want to be sure i have everything i need to make the install go as smooth as possible, and i have some questions.

1) through many searches i have read that additional bolts are needed, i believe 4 of the 150 size bolts. is this correct?

1b) where can you get these bolts? i've tried home doept, tractor supply co., and McMaster Carr, but i couldnt find anyone that had the 12x150 size bolts like the kit came with.

2) do the body bolts screw into a fixed nut or bushing? and what exactly has to be drilled with a 1/2" drill? how long does the drill need to be?

3) does the steering extension bolt right up or is modification needed?

4) what do the front bumper brackets work?

4b) would the rear bumper brackets from a PA883 kit work for my 97 sport without any modification?

thanks for any help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1. i got the extra bolts from fastenall locally i only need two of them tho the 150's

2. the bushing should be fixed to the frame. but may spin i had two that did and other people have had the problem i solved it with an 18" pipe wrench. I didnt drill out anything at all.. i got a few nuts for the bolts just in case and used them on the front mounts by the raidator with locktite

3. went on no problems for me.

4. yes

4b. no clue but i hear there is a blueprint on the site so you can fab/ or have fab'd brackets for it. search for it

keep in mind my is a 2000 and everything went smoothly for me. I did spray down the bolts with pb blaster a few time before doing it. oh yea get a block of wood and a big jack before starting that helps :(

hope this helps

thanks for the info zhanx

i started doing the lift today and ran into another question.
do the brake lines need to be disconnected from the frame rail? i am talking about where they connect to the frame almost directly under the firewall. there is a metal heat sheild that covers two brackets that hold the lines.

how did your rear bumper installation go? I installed the pa883 on my '98 sport and am having trouble with mine as well. did you get yours on? how?

everything fit but the bumper brackets, but i only tried the front. i didnt even bother taking off the rear bumper since i have a hitch. i didnt want to mess right now with relocating the rear bumper and the hitch, so i just put the bumpers back on in the stock location. i only used 8 bolts from the kit and 2 12Mx150 that i bought seperately. i also had to modify the rubber pads for the radiator to make the drop brackets fit.

the front should work fine. the rear on the other hand will not work at all.

are the front brackets supposed to be "n" shaped? the ones from the kit look like they are for a bumper that mounts to the sides of the frame, not the front of the frame.

yes, the n shape works.. on the front the left in is sloped top on the right and bolts to the outside of the frame. the n is reversed. but not upside down. on the left the n is normal.. can email a pic if needed let me know.

the n shaped brackets didnt come with the kit. maybe they come with the 883 kit. i will just have to make my own. i think the front brackets from the 853 kit will work for the rear bumper though, but i havent looked yet.

Will this work on a '99? Will I have the same issues?

it will work, same issues, no real diff in the vechiels/model years

Back