98 5.0 explorer, help, someone to look at theirs. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

98 5.0 explorer, help, someone to look at theirs.

99awd50

Reaction score
City, State
The Bay
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 5 liter
I got my 98 explorer all back together (headgasket replace with valve job, water pump, thermostat), just need to drop in radiator, install fan and shroud then add fluids. On the EGR tube that goes from the exhaust manifold to the egr mount on the upper intake, there is 2 small ports that run off that tube. I cannot find the hose that went on them. Can someone look at one or theirs and tell me where the hoses at the opposing end goes to. I am completely lost at what connects to those 2 ports. Thats all need help with, please, thanks!

Chris :usa:

Those hoses go to the DPFE sensor- which is mounted to the rear of the upper intake plennum

The bottom one ( closest to the header) goes to the "Ref" port on the dpfe

thanks.. ifound one.. BUT.. the block is CRACKED.. after installing the radiator.. i left the oil pan drain plug out and when i got to my 3rd gallon of water, water came out of the oil pan.. looks like a shortblock replacement from 50resto.com for 700 unless someone knows of a cheaper new reman shortblock.

Back