!997 Mercury Mountaineer 5.0 2wd | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

!997 Mercury Mountaineer 5.0 2wd

*******!!!WARNING: There is way to many pictures.

Ive been looking at these forums for like a year and finally joined lol
Got this in 2008 with 55,000 miles. now has 92,000
His/her name is Osiris his/her color is grandma green.

Current mods
-Blacked out lights
-Custom "Borla knockoff" exhaust
-throttle cable mod
-Boston acoustic door speakers and 13 Jl w3
-Pioneer head unit
-18inch Voxx MG

Future mods
-acquire new explorer rims dirt cheap somehow _DONE_
-reverse torsion twist
-Mac Intake
-Serious paint work
-Repaint pillars
-Fresh Shoes

new lights

IMG_1217.jpg

IMG_1216.jpg

Fav pics with old bumper

DSCN0096.jpg

DSCN0095.jpg

DSCN0094.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

grandma green interior. something important was cracked or something lol :rolleyes:

nice mounty

are you going to paint ur bumper or leave it the way it is

What Pioneer HU do you have?

are you going to paint ur bumper or leave it the way it is

I bought a can of bumper paint like 15 min ago, but now im kinda unsure if ill use it. My car is two toned and if i paint the bumper black it may look funky.

sorry idk how to double quote lol
Cjpooch im not to sure ive had it for a year now and i love it. It get mucho abuse.

Question though!!!! i went to get a bulb for those fogs at autozone and the ones that matched with the assembly dont match my standard fog wiring! what should i do? maybe hid?

Well I got bored and decided to paint my splash guards black about a week ago. I was planning to take them off the truck to clean them up thoroughly but, I was only able to remove one as the right side would not come off so i masked the truck off. Sorry no process pics just before and after.

I plan on painting the plastics on my bumper matching black, my side steps and my front bumper. Im def gonna need more paint though.

I also removed my roof rack

Haha alright thats my update lol. Im possibly getting a job at autozone here soon, sooo ill have more money for my Mac intake and new tires :).
thanks for looking

I finally painted my bumper black :). I think it came out pretty well, these pictures dont do any justice.

Ill take day pictures tomorrow.

217736_203333969690050_100000403440497_664977_5866854_n.jpg

Very excited to share that i managed to get 19.5 mpg this weekend! I put 413 miles on one tank of gas, in the 5.0!! Came with a price of not driving over 65 mph or going over 2000 rpm, but im used to driving like a grandma now. From Tampa to Palm Beach to Ft. Lauderdale. :)))

Btw im cleaning up my registry there is wayyy to many pics

52ap20.jpg

my two favorite things.
Taken with my iphone

Bought some 18 inch Voxx MG's today. Just need to bolt em on and take pictures :) only paid 260, for rims and tires.
Tires have prob 30% tread left though.

Put my rims on my truck, they look amazing!!!
2zr25qx.jpg

2ijltu8.jpg

21klb1g.jpg

2sadqoy.jpg

I like them alot! Planning to keep them white or paint them a different color?

I like them alot! Planning to keep them white or paint them a different color?

Their actually silver, I'm confused on how they came up white like that, was thinking the same thing lol. I'm thinking I'm gonna paint them black (of course lol) or now I'm also thinking a pearl or alpine white, just because the pictures make them look awesome white.
And thanks for the compliment :). None of my friends really care haha, its nice to get some compliments.

I also got some covers for my roof rack holes from the guy i bought the rims from. Their Chevy z71 covers or something, I'll post a pic when i put em on.

Little update on Osiris
-Just hit 92,000 miles
-Changed my radiator fluid and experienced the greatest mpg increase ever..
went from 19mpg@60mph to 23mpg@60mph highway and around 17mpg city while never letting my truck over 2k rpm

-I'm desperately in need of tires and an alignment to finally level out my truck so I can lower it.

-Also contemplating a full paint restoration to bring back that 1997 luster.

-Ran a can of seafoam through the gas tank, oil, and vacuum line, had almost no carbon release. I've ran seafoam through before and apparently burnt it all off already.

So far Osiris is running better than ever, I'm consistently getting over 410 miles out of a city tank and close to 500 on the highway. Also ditched the Boston G2 sub for a JL w3 13.5, which is imho overkill.

Nearest plans are to get tires, finally lower the truck an inch or two and full paint detail.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very nice reminds me of my mounty except for the rims lol

Back