• Register Today It's free!

A Shout Out To All

5.0ExplorerMan

Reaction score
City, State
Tampa
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT 5.0 V8
I'm new to the Explorer Forum. I've owned my 1999 Ford Explorer for almost 2 years now. About a year ago I started doing modifications. I'm no mechanic, but I've learned a lot and still have lots to learn. I installed a MAC air intake, MAC exhaust, and 9mm JBA Ignition wires. Gave the truck a tune-up last month. Installed a JET Chip for about 6 months. I noticed increased HP, but gas milage was no better. Recently took the JET Chip off and miss the HP, but gear ratios are definetly softer. I am looking to add a shift kit and an SCT Livewire Flash Tuner when funds become available. Anyone out there with experience with one of these?

I am an audio/video man, so I have my 5.0 stocked with all sorts of gadgets. She's got a JVC head unit with MP3/WMA/USB playback, iPod adapter with on-screen display. I have Pioneer Premier component 6 1/2" speakers in front doors, with custom 200watt tweeters mounted on doors. Rear doors carry 5x7 Memphis Acoustic speakers. I recenty upgraded to 2 10" Rockford Fosgate Punch Series 3 subwoofers. These babies push a massive 800watts each, all power by 2 Rockford Fosgate Chrome Power Series 250.2 amps that push 763 peak watts. I also have 2 Rockford Fosgate Punch 4-way 6x9 speakers in boxes that are under the back seat, running on a Rockford Fosgate Punch 250a2 that pushes 480watts. I am currently in the process of adding my other amps to the door speakers and mounting all the hardware on a custom wall on the back of the fold-down doors behind the back seat. Of course all of this speaker mumbo-jumbo don't mean a thing when you want to hear the growl of the 5.0. Hear me roar!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:ttiwwp:

Welcome!

welcome to the forum u got pics or ur x

Tampa!!

Back at cha' :cool:

Welcome to Explorer Forum!

Back