• Register Today It's free!

ABS Light

mgmgmg

Reaction score
City, State
Plymouth, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 LTD '10 LTD V8
ABS light just came on and stays on? I have a code scanner but noticed that theres a anti lock test on the right side of hood do i need a new scanner for abs? also what could be the problem. I have a 1994 LTD.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check the code... A lot of times a code does not mean that part is bad. Before you go part swapping, clean everything and check wires around the part that is causing the code. It could be a bad/dirty wheel speed sensor. It could be a bad wire connection. It could be a melted circut board on the back of the insturment panel... Chasing an ABS light can be a pain. Some people just pull the bulb, and live without ABS.

I had an ABS light that would come on and stay on after the vehicle got hot. Had no way to check it, but based on the hot condition, I changed the relay. Problem resolved.

Yup the ABS light only comes on when HOT! When i start the car in morning or cold starts no ABS light. You mean the relay under hood passenger side?

Yup. I had been having success resolving a number of issues by replacing relays, and it worked for me this time too.

There're about 8 relays under there that are all the same. There's a map on the underside of the cover. Pick one and swap it for the ABS relay, then drive it. If the light stays off, go get one. For that matter, they're about $7-8 each, so if you've got the cash, consider replacing all of those.

Back