AC Rechardged and still not cold?

Jamcelhinney

Reaction score
City, State
Salem MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Limited
Hi All!
I have a 2004 Explorer Limited. My problem is that the AC does not get very cold. I have had it recharged with no improvement. We replaced the blower motor resistor and still no change.
My fiance thinks it is the blend door, but I disagree because there is a marked change in temperature when I switch from heat to cold.

Any ideas what the problem is and how to fix it? It's getting hot up here in Salem and I need my AC to work.

Thanks!!!

P.s. Sorry if this post is redundant, but I couldn't find any that matched my specific problem. :cool:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What are the low & high pressures of the cooling system?

Yikes, I have no idea!!!

The tech recharging it should be aware of the system pressures. In fact, it should not be recharged without checking the pressures as adding refrigerant to a charged system can damage it.

Check pressures first, tehn do a set of temperature deltas while it is operating, and observe the operation of the system.

Then go from there.

Same situation happened to my 02 4.0 EB....recharge the AC and was not getting cold enough.....i had recharge the system but was not enough freon....on limited explorers and EB editions....plus all the ones with rear AC the correct amount of R134a is 3 1/2 pounds cause the system has 2 condensers and 2 drier accumulators after the tech measured how much freon was put in the truck he then put the right amount and voilá!!!

Back