Added Nav on non nav MFT thanks to fordpimods! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Added Nav on non nav MFT thanks to fordpimods!

1995E

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 + 11 Ex both XLT
Just added Factory Nav to my Explorer XLT! I bought a replacement apim module from him. Provided my VIN so he could program it to my vehicles specs. I also bought the A6 card from him (It was sealed too!)Paid on paypal and Shipped it same day and he provided a tracking number. It came well packaged in layers of bubble wrap and arrived less than a week. jmr061 provides wonderful customer service. He provided instructions that are customer specific. Easy installation with a ratchet with 7mm socket, flat head for the trim, and a phillips screwdriver. Works flawless!

He also has other upgrades so I suggest you ask him about other upgrades too!

I provided a picture and will upload an installation video.

For those who wanted nav on their mft that didn't have it before, I really suggest you speak to jmr061 or go to www.fordpimods.com and thanks for making it happen! I have been wanting nav for a long time now! No more cell phone nav for me.

993F7F73-CA85-4481-9160-86AEC48630EB_zpsaiyfeanq.jpg

Overall do you feel the on-board nav is worth the money? Ive been considering buying an APIM from Jason but I keep going back and forth in my head on whether or not I want to spend $700 for something my cell phone already does quite well.

Overall do you feel the on-board nav is worth the money? Ive been considering buying an APIM from Jason but I keep going back and forth in my head on whether or not I want to spend $700 for something my cell phone already does quite well.

After I almost had a car accident using my phone and being pulled over once for it. I just wanted to put the regular Nav in. A garmin works just as well. It depends on you really. I just wanted the stock look because my garmin is annoying when the wire hangs down and touches the touch controls and turns on the A/C.

Back