Advance Adapters 700R4 Conversion Parts Available NOW!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Advance Adapters 700R4 Conversion Parts Available NOW!!!

With the advance adapter 700R4 conversion. does that mean i have to get the 700r4 transmission itself or do i just use the old transmission and just change the parts inside it. If i need a 700r4 i found a website for it with all the upgrades. www.fearthemonster.com

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is a CERTAIN 60 degree 700R4 you will need to use for the conversion. It came behind 2.8L engines I believe.

You will then want to have it built up to handle the power of the Explorer drivetrain, I believe you can buy a completed HD performance unit for $1200 or so.

Then you will need both ADvanced adapters pieces if you have a transfer case.
You can search for this, Diff Whack Daddy has a whole thread on the conversion after completion.

Originally posted by Jefe
Hmm. . .a Klune V will bolt to the 700R4. . .

3.06 x 4 x 4.3 x 4.88 =
a Crawl ratio of 256

:D

Yes, a kluneV will bolt to a 700r4, but a different tranny to t-case adapter is needed.

There is lots of good info in this thread. It was started during the planning and runs all the way to the end of the install. There are pics on page 9 that are very helpfull.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67561

And here are the insallation instructions.

Engine to tranny adapter

Tranny to t-case

EXHAUST

Yes, the exhaust will need to be slightly modified. The bell housing on the 700 is a little larger than the old A4LD. On stock exhaust, the y-pipe needs about 3 more inches added to the center of it.

154dsc00177.jpg

Originally posted by Diff Whack Daddy
Yes, a kluneV will bolt to a 700r4, but a different tranny to t-case adapter is needed.
If and when I do that I'd just get a new Atlas with the standard 6 bolt pattern. I'm sure someone here would love an atlas setup w/ driveshafts and modified shifter for a decent price.

I do plan to go with a 700R4 very soon. my tranny w/ 80k miles on it is acting up. But for now, to keep costs down I'll just put both AA adaptors on and keep the current Atlas

o.k. what is the x-case in my LTD?

wonder why they made the adapter for a 60 degree v6 instead of the 90 degree 4.3 ,sbc engines?

Question? Has anyone attempted to install a manual t-case (BW not Atlas) up to the 700R4? If so how did you mount the shifter?

AA took that into account and the kit also has directions and a place to mount manual bracketry.

Thanks Kevin, that was the only thing I wasn't sure about.

I want this but dont have the tranny, where can I get it? What year, model, of chevy was it from?

there are many different years for this tranny. its from the small chevy i.e S-10 and other v6's. But dont worry about where its from just order one from Bowtie Overdrives. they help develop it with advance adapters and make the best aftermarket 700r4.

so will this swap work for a 4.0 sohc 98 sport cause would love a klune v once my transmission dies and the tcase craps out i'd like to get my crawl ratio closer to 200.
with 4.10s i shoudl be good for that.

I'm just about sold on this conversion myself. I have a few questions. Will the Bowtie Overdrives Level1 700r4 be sufficient with a stock 4.0? With the adapter will it be a simple bolt in? In the future I may lift my sport 4 inches and run 31in. all terrains. Can I use my factory column shifter? I guess what I'm asking is for complete dtails and parts for a turn key conversion...Lastly, can a simple transmission shop perform this? Thanks...

CoryL said:
I think the stock option was an NP241.

stock was np231 in 2.8s and np241 in full size trucks if i remember correctly

The god of trans swaps

Thank god this came about because i was about to do a engine swap to a 302 punched out..But if your saying i can use my engine out of 92 explorer with this ill get this instead...Thank you..you are a god

so i hear that the 2.8 700r4 is alot weaker than the 4.3 700r4...is there truth in this...i'm just wondering because i'm running full widths w 4.88s and 38.5 boggers...and i'm just wondering if its gonna hold up to that...or are the internals as strong as the 4.3 700r4...cause my A4LD is bitting the dust for the 3rd time and i gotta do something...either a 302 combo or this tranny...so how strong can the 2.8 700r4 be built? will it hold?

In stock form I'm sure the 2.8 is weaker, but the 2.8 case can be built with the HD V8 internals.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

so all the v8 internals fit in the 2.8 case? cause unless it can be garaunteed to be built stronger...there wouldn't be much of a point...the main concern with my setup is if its gonna be able to turn my 38.5x15x15 boggers on full widths...even with 4.88s...cause my A4LD can right now ok...but i don't wanna push it...cause i got no complains about the 4L...just the crap tranny behind it...so the v8 internals all fit in the 2.8 case?

Back