aftermarket fogs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

aftermarket fogs

tursky4

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 explorer
I live in pa and i know the law says that you can not have more than 2 lights on the front of your vehicle at a time or something like that.. and with a 3rd gen the lows and highs are on at the same time.. so that is 2 lights right there.. i was going to put 55w halogen behind the grill wired into the highs and on a switch but i didnt know if that would make it not pass inspection.. if so i was thinking i could go with the little led bars and put them in the lower grill like some users have done on here and wire them into the parking lows so they are on all the time when the lights are on.. if anyone has any opinions or input feel free to post them... thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I live in pa and i know the law says that you can not have more than 2 lights on the front of your vehicle at a time or something like that.. and with a 3rd gen the lows and highs are on at the same time.. so that is 2 lights right there.. i was going to put 55w halogen behind the grill wired into the highs and on a switch but i didnt know if that would make it not pass inspection.. if so i was thinking i could go with the little led bars and put them in the lower grill like some users have done on here and wire them into the parking lows so they are on all the time when the lights are on.. if anyone has any opinions or input feel free to post them... thanks

google search yielded the following link:
http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/067/chapter175/s175.66.html

Basically, you can have auxiliary high beam/driving lights on only with high beam, and fog lights only with lowbeam.

What exactly does that mean? Does that mean I can't have any extra lights on while I have my high beams on other than the low beams that stay on? Or could I have auxiliary lights behind the grill as long as they only come on with my highs??

What exactly does that mean? Does that mean I can't have any extra lights on while I have my high beams on other than the low beams that stay on? Or could I have auxiliary lights behind the grill as long as they only come on with my highs??

The rules seem very clear - it means you can have 2 additional lights that come on with your high beam (and low beam).

ok then i can add two lights behind the grill.. thank you very much

Back