Alec

Elite Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 JK
Firstly, no pics yet cause I don't have access to my digicam computer hookup, maybe another week or so. But it looks similar to this:

gal_lg_ext_2.jpg

Specs:
2003 VW GTI
Black exterior
Black leather interior
200 hp VR6 motor
6 Speed Manual tranny
17" rims with sport suspension package
Sunroof
Monsoon audio system (8 speaker)

Committed mods:
Pioneer 8400 or 8500 HU with XM tuner
350 Watts to 8" Boston Acoustics sub

Likely lighting mods:
Conversion to 2002 headlights with integrated fogs
Addition of special fogs in lower front bumper inserts
Addition of 2 more brakelamps in place of euro rear fog spots

Other likely mods:
Black mesh emblem-less grille
Cold Air Intake after 5000 miles
new shift linkage for 40% shorter throws

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very nice if you like the VW's, I'm not much for any VW but its your taste and that's what realy matters... All and all its looks like a great daily driver.....

nice car ;)

did u get rid or splat?

you went from a gas guzzler to a gas miser GJ

I can read the specs on the web. I want to see pics of yours after a couple of mods. Congrats on the new car I am sure you will love driving it arround. It's a 180 from what you had.

if you dont mind me asking alec.. did you buy it? or lease it? how much are your payments? I have allways loved the golf/gti

Mike

well hope you enjoy it alec, doesn't look like much fun to me:(

:chug: :chug:

It's lots of fun. It's faster than my truck was and handles much better. I just have to get used to staying on the road ;) I thought the height thing would bother me but it doesn't. I don't get nervous from large SUVs either (cause I can zip between them :D )

I did the rear fog > brakelight mod today. 10 minutes outside in this heat and I was sweating bullets!

It was bought. $3500 down (trade-in), rest at 1.9% for 4 years. Add extended warranty for $2100 and the payments are $480 a month.

so did you trade in the truck???? hahaha

I love the Vr6............Nuespeed is what you need now.....they make a SC for the Vr6 = PORSCHE BEATER

I have been keeping my eye out for a Coraddo in decent shape for cheap to build into a monster, te GTI has always been my fav car since the early 2 door rabbits.........the 1.8LT is sweet too but nothing beats the Vr6

that looks pretty sweet. good choice

Originally posted by Alec
It was bought. $3500 down (trade-in), rest at 1.9% for 4 years. Add extended warranty for $2100 and the payments are $480 a month.

Not bad. Why 48 months though? Can't you get 1.9% for 60?

guess you will have to find a VW message board now huh?

$480 a month:eek: I can buy an awful lot of maintenance/tune up equipment for that much money each month. Personally I'll just stick with the no car payment

:chug: :chug:

It's that much because we went with 4 year and also added the extended warranty.

Oh No!

Black with black leather interior! You're gonna scorch your buns Alec, especially in the hot Texas sun.

3500. You could have probable sold your truck here or at least parted it out and made more than the $3500 you got for a trade in. I wish I had the money to buy it. Also I hope your not leaving the boards. 11,000 posts and coutning,. your an invaluable resource of explorer knowledge here at explorerforum.

David Larson

How on Earth does a young man in school make a $489/month car payment?

Good luck with your new car.

seriously, i work 40 hours a week, and pay $500 a month rent to my parents a month..... making only 1000-1200 take home each month!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by aldive
How on Earth does a young man in school make a $489/month car payment?

Good luck with your new car.

i beleave the hospital pays him a little.

or he's in debt to his parent and when he earns the big bucks he'll pay them back.

Back