• Register Today It's free!

alignment shims,bolts,cams???

zach's95

Reaction score
City, State
richmond, va
Year, Model & Trim Level
95' 2door 4wd sport
so my x had a couple new bolts and cams, but not all four new. How come? I am rebuilding the entire front suspension ( see p-s-t thread) and figured I would go ahead and put new bolts and cams in all four spots. Is this right. I already ordered the Moog bolt/cam kit and I am not switching to the one- piece passenger side uca. Just curious, cause for example my driver side rear bolt still had the square piece on the nut side but the front bolt had eliptical cams.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

rear driver side camber bolt

The rear camber/caster bolt on the driver side is almost impossible to remove without disconnecting/repositioning numerous other items in the way. I just cut mine in half to remove it. Click on My Helpful Threads in my signature for a link about what I did.

actually on my '95 4wd I just had to shim up whatever the larger line is and rotate the cam, then taped it out. Mabye this was because it had been replaced with a adjustable cam vs. the square plate.

I cut my cam alignment bolts out and replaced them with Ford parts, not he Moog. I put them back in the opposite way to avoid the near impossibility of getting them in. Do you think I'll have a problem when i get the alignment?

as far as I know you need to go back and put them in correctly. alignments are not something you want to play with. they are hard to put in, but not that hard plus the alignment shop will know right away ( hopefully) and then charge to put them in correctly. I think the moogs have much more adjustability also.

Back