• Register Today It's free!

alignment

slowstang88

Reaction score
City, State
las vegas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Mountineer 5.0
I have a 99 Mounty 5.0 that sat on the tires for about a year before I bought it, so I expected flat spots but after a couple months of driving it was still shaking pretty bad even after I dismounted, checked, remounted, and rebalanced. A friend of mine said to do a couple burnouts and rotate front to rear and repeat and I figured wth, might be worth it instead of shelling out cash for new tires and that seemed to work for a bit. I noticed after I hit a pothole on the road the shake came back (def from the front) but I couldn't feel it in the steering wheel, then over the next couple days the shake went away. Yesterday I intentionally drove over a parking stop at Wal-Mart and it came back but it's smoothing out, could this be loose front alignment adjusters?

Safely lift the front tires off the ground and inspect. First parts to fail are usually the lower ball joints, outer
tie rods, and sway bar end links. Also, many shops offer free and detailed alignment inspections, call around. GL

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKk33w86OSI‎

Inspect suspension for loose components first. Have a quality road force balance done on all four wheels. Follow up with a real alignmemt and that may include installation of caster/camber bolts.

Back