Altezza taillights for 95-97 Explorers | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Altezza taillights for 95-97 Explorers

Why are there so many choices of taillight lenses for the 98-2001 Explorers, but not the 95-97 models? I like the looks of a lot of the 98-2001 lenses, but of course,they will not fit on the 95-97. Just curious...what gives?

Michael

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I posed the same Q to reps of ProCarParts.com & LightLens.com, and they said that the demand for them just isn't there. I guess out of the 1st Gen, 2nd-A ('95-'97) and 2nd-B Gens (98+), the 2nd-A is the LOSER of the bunch.

Until June/July '03, they weren't even available, yet for '91-'94 and '98+ they had TONS to pick from.

In 2003, after waiting 2 years and modding a set of factory '98s, I got a pair with the Amber turn signal from InProCarWear (through ProCarParts.com) for my '96 the day they came out. However, i much prefer the TYC brand altezzas, which aren't avail for '95-'97.

I think i'm gonna poll the Forum to see just how many of each gen are out there that care.

The Altezza lights for our years 95-97 are so expensive. If you like the clear look, U can get the all clear taillamp for $79.99 @procarparts But if not save ur dough, cuz those things r expensive. Personally the altezza lights for our yrs. are ugly IMO. But if they were to design a better altezza taillights..Id might be interested in spending the money.

Yeah, Ive thought about the all clears, but dont want the hassle from the police if they are not legal. The design of the current altezzas are ok with me, just to much money though. I would like to see a little more variety though.

I got LUCKY! Yipeee! I bought my Altezza from my local ricer shop. TOP quality Altezzas, I love them and I haven't had a problem with them since I bought them. I've washed my car many times and has gone through rain many times and I've never had the experience of having my Altezzas fogged or clogged in water. Great stuff, not TYC or APC or $hit like that. The tailights come from Japan! I only spent 180.00 for them!

Greddy would u be able to post some pics of ur altezza tails?

I will try to do that this weekend. I have pics of my X but don't have them loaded into a computer. I will try to do that this weekend

Greddy X-Plorer said:
I got LUCKY! Yipeee! I bought my Altezza from my local ricer shop. TOP quality Altezzas, I love them and I haven't had a problem with them since I bought them. I've washed my car many times and has gone through rain many times and I've never had the experience of having my Altezzas fogged or clogged in water. Great stuff, not TYC or APC or $hit like that. The tailights come from Japan! I only spent 180.00 for them!

Only $180 when you could've scored them on eBay for $75. Nice find.

Back