Amber Colored Fog Lights | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Amber Colored Fog Lights

I am looking for amber colored fog lights to replace the white(factory) ones that i have, so that:

1. I don't bother other peoples eyes while driving on the beach at night, and
2. I don't scare the fish who seem to spook easily with bright lights.

I can't seem to find them anywhere. Any websites or suggestions would be appreciated. I know the ironman edition comes with them as the stock color.

thank you for any help, Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We'd need some information about your truck- what year...or DO you have the Ironman edition? I don't know if you'd be able to find amber color as easily as a yellow color. Ebay and craigslist are your best friends. I bought yellow H3 bulbs on ebay that are very bright and do their job well. I was in your shoes a while ago and couldn't find a suitable pair of yellow fog lights for a decent price so I sufficed for the bulbs only.

my buddy and I just bought some transparent yellow (amber) and sprayed the stock fog lights, just like you would tint ur tailights and they turned out awesome, and it only cost him 5 bucks :p

you can also get yellow window tint;)

Or a yellow bulb....

i put yellow window tint over my stock fogs but i wanna eventually get the 3000K hid yellow fogs

I am looking for amber colored fog lights to replace the white(factory) ones that i have, so that:

1. I don't bother other peoples eyes while driving on the beach at night, and
2. I don't scare the fish who seem to spook easily with bright lights.

I can't seem to find them anywhere. Any websites or suggestions would be appreciated. I know the ironman edition comes with them as the stock color.

thank you for any help, Mike
thats real cool of you bro..but come on..we live on long island, we have these riced out civics w/ HIDs blinding people miles away...stock fogs don't really blind people

i went to Pep Boys and picked up a set of Fog lights for $25. installed them in stock location and it looks AMAZING!!!!
check it out!
2na2n3o.jpg

do u got pics of ur fogs on mustang

Sam, What the he!! are you asking about???
This isnt a text site U NO.

Mikey, those look great! I really do miss the yellow fogs I had on my old Pontiac 6000, they actually were 10x more useful than the ones on my current X. I may have to make a trek to my former employer and pick up a set to replace my tired old stockers.

These?

Got 'em from Honda.

I got replacement fogs from eBay for my 03/04 Explorer:
Explorer_Low_Front_1.jpg

jcuz

sweet looking "export" explorer!

what brand are your fog lights?

can you post a close up pic of your headlights and a side shot of your side "repeater" blinker/turn signals?

have you ever thought about changing your side repeaters to clear cover with amber bulb?

the mercury mountaineers have clear ones.

thanks

peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

jcuz

sweet looking "export" explorer!

what brand are your fog lights?

can you post a close up pic of your headlights and a side shot of your side "repeater" blinker/turn signals?

have you ever thought about changing your side repeaters to clear cover with amber bulb?

the mercury mountaineers have clear ones.

thanks

peter
Thanks for the comments Peter. Would love to get some mountaineer ones - will have to look on ebay - we don't get the mountaineer in Oz.

I'll get some pics in the next few days and post them up.

Now, fog lights - no idea what brand. I got them through ebay US. Cost me around the USD$60 mark, plus almost the same again for postage here. They are a direct swap over for the factory clear high beam lights - I just rewired them with a whole new circuit so that they have their own switch, but will only come in if parkers and/or headlights are on. They stay on with highbeam too.

Here are ones the same as what I got (search using "explorer amber"):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-0...023QQitemZ360050785581QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

And here are some projector style ones I found searching using "explorer yellow":
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-0...002QQitemZ120259638345QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Back