An extremely good deal or a Hoax ? Cheap Performance chips | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

An extremely good deal or a Hoax ? Cheap Performance chips

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rip off. What things like that usually do is add a resistor in line with the MAF sensor to send the computer false readings about airflow so the computer dumps more fuel into the motor. More fuel is not always a good thing, especially if you don't have the increased airflow to go with it. Running a car rich will not gain you anything except poor fuel economy.

Complete and total trash. Doug at "BamaChips.com" dyno tested a "performance module" purchased on eBay and found a 20HP LOSS.

One of my customers tested his jet chip against stock, and found the jet was a 12HP loss from stock!

Thank you guys for the valuable advice , i almost fell for the bogus deal !

Hoax

Mac Units stand the test of time, built to withstand drastic changes of temperature, moisture and erosion.

Whew! I was worried about it eroding... wonder what kind of mud slide or silting would occur in the engine if they hadn't tested it??

By running a car’s engine leaner, vehicles have gained more miles per gallon (MPG). Proven test results have indicated that by adding more gas to the engine’s fuel/oxygen mixture, an increase of up to 25hp+ can result without giving up MPG’s (1/2 mpg).

Well, which is it? Does it run lean or rich? You can't run lean and rich at the same time.

If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.... it's just proof that there's a sucker born every minute.

Well, which is it? Does it run lean or rich? You can't run lean and rich at the same time.

Hahah, I love it. Theyre just throwing random facts that sound good in there, regardless of what the thing actually does. :rolleyes:

Lean=less fuel=more power=increased heat=melted piston.

it wont help out your fuel economy unless you are driving it hard all of the time- because during cruise your computer is focusing on the oxygen sensor, not the MAF. The computer keeps your AFR at ~14.7 based on the o2 sensors voltage

"Quality, Cheap and Fast; pick two"

Back