Another Q on gearing... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Another Q on gearing...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thanks a lot for all the info..really informative..PM me about UCORA if you get a chance..
thanks again
-chris

Ok, one more question, what rebuild kit do I need for the front d35? I found the one for the 8.8 rear.

will the 4.56 give me torque ont eh highway..i'd liek to get a lot more snap of the line..snap a lil neck..and im wondering how the reaction will be ont eh highway..65ish..

Ok, one more question, what rebuild kit do I need for the front d35? I found the one for the 8.8 rear.

You will need what is called a "Master Install Kit" or at least a new crush collar, seal, and shim pack.

Here is Reider Racing page. Chose the kit you need based on how good your bearings are.

http://www.reiderracing.com/install_kits.htm

thanks again

I have a 91 5speed explorer. I have stock tires and i want highway speed to increase. I also want to be able to have a better launch. Not to brag but my explorer is stock and it burns out pretty good. Ive launched on an rx8 no problem on take off but i would like to go beyond the 85mph limit. Any help on that would be appreciated.

Back