• Register Today It's free!

Antenna access - '01 Sport

X01Sport

Reaction score
City, State
Stewartstown, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport
Thanks for all the response to my post asking for comments/recommendations on satellite radios. How difficult (or easy) is it to get to the existing antenna in order to connect a satellite receiver's FM modulator to my factory 6 CD radio receiver via the antenna? Is it necessary to remove the radio unit? Can I connect the modulator to the antenna connections located behind the glove compartment?
I'm trying to decide whether to use a receiver that connects to the Ford radio thru the antenna or uses the wireless FM transmitter. I'm no electrician so ease of installation is important.
Thanks guys for your help and patience.

any fm modulator will have a pass through. you take the antena cable out of the radio plug it into the fm modulator and then there is an antena wire from the fm mod plug into the oem radio.
in my 01 sport the antenna cable is bright orange about the thickness of a cable TV coax cable.

FM modulators suck in general, but if you gotta use one don't get a wireless one. Get one that'll run into your antena at your deck. The stock deck is so easy to pop out. Just go to wal-mart or such and get a car stereo wrenches. They'll look like U's. Get one for your model then they just slide into the small holes on your deck and it'll jst pop right out.

Back