Any Help Appreciated ! 2011 Explorer cylinder misfire 4/5/6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Any Help Appreciated ! 2011 Explorer cylinder misfire 4/5/6

gsxr600srad

Reaction score
City, State
byron
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ford explorer
Trying to help my brother out and just swapped his motor out for another. Everything seems to be correct. Motor will idle good and rev up . Once its under load codes will be thrown causing loss of power and misfires on 4/5/6.
Replaced spark plugs
swapped out coils from old motor and still throws codes
swapped throttle bottle over no change
cleaned all grounds
getting generic codes p0300 p0304 p0305 p0306 codes all pertain to misfire
possible o2 sensors on that bank causing problems ?
catalytic converter inside material fell out during removal.
Possible coil drivers failed in pcm, all 3 i couldnt see happening

any help would be apprciated , have the intake off to check injector spray.
Do i need to reset the pcm some how ?

Thanks in advance for ideas

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you mess with cam timing at all or install a new water pump while it was out?

The only things common to those 3 cylinders would be cam/phaser, cat converter and various sensors(shouldn't cause misfires without codes)

I'm leaning towards plugged exhaust in a way it doesn't effect the other cylinders.

I didn't . I bought the motor on eBay and swapped it out. Nothing internal was done. I did swap the injectors and still had the same codes. The front cat had a bunch of broken material in it that came out . During removal.

One trick you can do to see if the exhaust to the front cylinders is plugged is loosen up the exhaust after the manifold and see if runs without missing. You can also remove the 1st o2 sensor and run it without it installed. Sure it will be loud but if it doesn't miss your exhaust is plugged causing the issue.

If not clogged exhaust, you may want to confirm cylinder pressures, no intake leaks, scope fuel injectors and coils on bank that is misfiring. Check vacuum and all electrical plugs too just to make sure.

Back