Any Way To Accompish This? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Any Way To Accompish This?

You need the wiring pigtail of the other mirror also, even one without the heated wires if you don't mind using the same colored wires for the heated circuit. The terminals inside the connectors will interchange, and tapping into the Defrost circuit is the hard part.

Yeah that’s the parts I would be hunting, because there’s not a limited model in my local salvage to pick from. I would be making a couple hour trip to a larger yard to find the wiring pigtails. Color of wire doesn’t bother me, because that’s why you label them.

I took on a daunting task or changing dashboards in my Chevy truck. It’s a 94, but I swapped in a 98 dash, mostly an aesthetics thing. I had to wire in a different fuse box, gauge cluster, and heater controls. This all took months to get the majority of it figured out, comparing two completely different schematics, and all I’m left with is a couple minor things that aren’t 100%. GM loves their orange wires, because most of the harnesses are comprised of them.

So with that said, heated mirrors is a walk in the park for me, and I’m not afraid of a challenge.

Yeah that’s the parts I would be hunting, because there’s not a limited model in my local salvage to pick from. I would be making a couple hour trip to a larger yard to find the wiring pigtails. Color of wire doesn’t bother me, because that’s why you label them.

I took on a daunting task or changing dashboards in my Chevy truck. It’s a 94, but I swapped in a 98 dash, mostly an aesthetics thing. I had to wire in a different fuse box, gauge cluster, and heater controls. This all took months to get the majority of it figured out, comparing two completely different schematics, and all I’m left with is a couple minor things that aren’t 100%. GM loves their orange wires, because most of the harnesses are comprised of them.

So with that said, heated mirrors is a walk in the park for me, and I’m not afraid of a challenge.

Sweet, that sounds like a fun/eh project. I enjoyed rebuilding my 99 with many wiring changes, 99% OEM stuff, body gutted etc.

Come on down here, I haven't had the time, you can start on my 92 Lincoln. I bought 2002 Mustang wiring harnesses for it(similar chassis shape), to convert it to OBDII, to better run a 347 I had built many years ago. That dash wiring will be interesting, keeping the original and installing the OBDII plus the GEM module from an Explorer. I have a Limited memory seat system to install with it all, the track and a 97 Town Car module(does the mirrors also). The Mark VII never got a memory seat, but it has a spot for the switch made for it, since it came on the Continental. Projects are fun, but you have to have lots of spare time and space.

Sweet, that sounds like a fun/eh project. I enjoyed rebuilding my 99 with many wiring changes, 99% OEM stuff, body gutted etc.

Come on down here, I haven't had the time, you can start on my 92 Lincoln. I bought 2002 Mustang wiring harnesses for it(similar chassis shape), to convert it to OBDII, to better run a 347 I had built many years ago. That dash wiring will be interesting, keeping the original and installing the OBDII plus the GEM module from an Explorer. I have a Limited memory seat system to install with it all, the track and a 97 Town Car module(does the mirrors also). The Mark VII never got a memory seat, but it has a spot for the switch made for it, since it came on the Continental. Projects are fun, but you have to have lots of spare time and space.

Wow that sounds like a huge undertaking. I haven’t driven my Chevy in almost six months, I only moved it a few days ago to free up the driveway space to get other things done.

As far as the Lincoln/mustang wiring job, I’m sure if you had the proper schematics to look off of, it wouldn’t be a hard job.

It'll be fun ... maybe some of the time.

Back