anybody know where to get an add a leaf??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

anybody know where to get an add a leaf???

noavailkevin

Reaction score
City, State
sacto
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 explorer sport 4x4
i have a 2001 explorer sport 4x4 and i want to add a leaf in back for about 2" lift. i am going to crank the torsion bars down a bit in the front but i still need get leafs for the back, anybody know???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

noavailkevin said:
i have a 2001 explorer sport 4x4 and i want to add a leaf in back for about 2" lift. i am going to crank the torsion bars down a bit in the front
you mean up right
yeah what dremr said summit racing or you can throw a few F-150 leaves from the late 80's in for about 2 inches.

crank down, meaning tighten, which will lift, as is my understanding.
thanks for the tips.

ah ok i was thinking crank up as in....lift

thanks for the link, but the part says non-universal and it has the ending year at 97, i have an 01, will it work?

SkanlaxJMO said:
ah ok i was thinking crank up as in....lift
potato, pahtahto.

noavailkevin said:
thanks for the link, but the part says non-universal and it has the ending year at 97, i have an 01, will it work?
the only real differances about an SHORT AAl are with and center pin location. Im pretty sure that they do work.

i guess for 30 bucks it's worth a try. thanks man.

noavailkevin said:
i guess for 30 bucks it's worth a try. thanks man.
NP....get some pics when your done

yes that is the correct part, i have the same exact part in my garage right now, they were on my toyota

now, if you have the infamous sagging rear end. How much of a lift would you see off of this?

noavailkevin said:

It's the right part

The '01 sport is often forgotten on product fitment guides. The last solid rear explorer :(

I went to a spring shop and they added a leaf on each side for 200 bucks. Made it look much better. Heres before & after

372207_14_full.jpg

372207_162_full.jpg

Fordexplorer157 said:
I went to a spring shop and they added a leaf on each side for 200 bucks. Made it look much better. Heres before & after

200 dollars :eek:

You realize this is a 30 dollar part (for 2) and about 30 minutes of labor right.....

schimmel03 said:
now, if you have the infamous sagging rear end. How much of a lift would you see off of this?
accually i found one that is made by skyjacker and is suppossed to give 2" so we'll see.
and dont worry i will def get some pics up when i'm done. thanks for the help.

schimmel03 said:

Sorry I did not see this post earlier.........

If ya have the sag enough to see it is down at least an inch.

My X is a 99 and I should have netted around 3.5 form shackles and AAL
All done and said I got about 2.5 over the stock height. If you are sagging enough to see the AAL will just correct it and maybe give ya a bit. Pro comp also offers a double AAL kit. Or you could double up shackles and the AAL.
Or if you want to spend 300-400 you can order any size leaf pack you would like.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i just called around here in Canada and got quoted $300 to $440 to get this done. cdn pices of course but its absurd
the cheapest place uses teflon though.
This is hard for me to justify but I have limited tools what all is needed for tools to do this?
and does any one know where I could get an AAL in Canada. As the on from procomp is $30 us plus a handling fee of 10 plus shipping and duty so a 30 dollars part suddenly gets expensive.

Back