anyone got pic of 3" BL with 31's? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

anyone got pic of 3" BL with 31's?

swak6287

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Rockwall tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT
i got 31's now and am thinking of 3"BL. anyone got a picture? funny looking? the 31's are new. hate to resort to 2" but if it really llook too funny, i mighht have to.
any help or pic is appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i dont think it will look funny at all. search body lifts i asked for a pic of 3" body lifts here once and got alot of pics. in the mean time ill try and find you one.

heres a few first one is mine 2inch lift stock tires

Attachments

• md.jpg
    md.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 740

heres a nice one.

Attachments

• 1097021010_-_002.jpg
    1097021010_-_002.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 742

so, the 2" with stock wheels will look like 3" with 31's..correct? that dont look too bad.

redrig,
Did you have 31's with the body lift? I'm curious about it's offroad performance with just a body lift and 31's i'm assuming that it will be quite a abit better than stock. What were your impressions? The reason is i'm wanted to put 31's on and a 2" body lift would in my opinon be a good way to start out. I'm still in college and money is sometimes tight so a body lift is more economical for me. I"m also planning on getting new shocks and deffinitly building some sway-bar-disconects for just alittle more flex. Anyway, just curious

Later!
CP :D

If you wanna run 31's, then I would go with the 3" BL, esp. if you go wheelin, b/c the extra inch of lift will give you that much more articulation.

It will look fine. I am running about 7" of lift with 32's.

pic

Attachments

• dunetruck03b.jpg
    dunetruck03b.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 726

3" BL and 31" tires looks great. Don't bother with a 2", it is more of a PITA than anything else. I started with 31s stock, then did the TT/Shackles, next I did a 2" BL and finally I went to the 3" after having the 2" for only 3 MTHS. I'd start with a nice set of 31s and then save up for the 3" BL.

alroght....3" it is. will let u guys know how it turns out. summt has it for 127..cheapest one so far... sheaper then ebay. hopefully it will be here before i goto gilmer with the dfw group.

My only concern for the 3" body lift was the steering. I know that the PA kit comes with an extension but from what i've heard here the steering tends to bind even with it. I was hoping that with the 2" bl the steering wouldn't bind up quite as much. Any thoughts? Also does anyone know if the PA lift comes with a shifter extension?
By the way a 3" PA lift costs $91.99 at http://www.4wheelparts.com/product2.asp?imseqn=301&occlass=P/A&cat=BOD

Later
CP:D

i have a 99, so i have to get the 98-00 kit. which one are u looking at?

Hey Splash, is the 2" BL harder than the 3" BL, or is it just that the 3" kit is better than the 2" kit. seems like the difficulty should be about the same since getting the bolts out should be one of the hardest parts.

Click the link to my truck in my sig. All of those pictures were with the 3" body lift and 31" tires. It doesn't look bad at all.

john, that dont look too bad at all. actually i think it loks good. dont u hate the 3.55 gears? ok.. called 4wp and they have the 3" for 139. guess what ia m doing this weekend.

The 3.55's aren't too bad. I'm going to wait to change them until I get 33's and a locker.

Did you have 31's with the body lift?

actually that was 2inch lift coils and aal with stock tires.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by HokieBert
Hey Splash, is the 2" BL harder than the 3" BL, or is it just that the 3" kit is better than the 2" kit. seems like the difficulty should be about the same since getting the bolts out should be one of the hardest parts.

They both take about the same time, but the 3" comes with the bumper brackets and stuff so it is easier in the long run... plus, once you try the 2" you'll wish you had the 3".:D

Back