Anyone know if the Warrior 153 shackles fit a Ranger? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone know if the Warrior 153 shackles fit a Ranger?

bigDerk

Reaction score
City, State
Stockbridge, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ranger Edge
I'm sure some of you guys out there either know of or have a Ranger with lift shackles, do the Warrior 153 shackles fit (and successfully lift around 2") a Ranger? Truck in question is a 2001 Edge 2WD. Already maxxed out the torsions, now I'm looking for another easy inch or two from the rear.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey man i dont see why not... i think the only thing you need to worry about is how wide the leaf springs are. ive noticed shackles are very easy to come by and pretty much hate to say it.. "universal" based on the width of your leafs... just from reading to much on this site i think garrett found out about the shackles because if the jeep ones.. they seem to be the same width so i dont see why the ranger wouldnt be since its prctically the same frame and setup just with different sheet metal..

They won't work, Rangers use a different style of shackle. Explorer shackles mount around the frame while Rangers mount to a bracket outside the frame.

paul is correct... the yare nowhere near close to the same and are not compatible.... the ranger ones arent H shaped like the explorer but look like this:

Attachments

• cam-shackles-s.jpg
    cam-shackles-s.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 526

Thanks, I couldn't find a picture.

hey sorry guys about that... well in that case they dont i forgot they dont mount the same way... but if they had the same mounts they would haha... woops on my part...

thanks guys, appreciate the info. i guess i could have just gotten under the ranger and the explorer in the driveway to figure it out. :p thanks anyways

I just ordered mine from tellico4x4.com yesterday:)

Back