• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Warrior 153 shackles install with pics

97Mounty97

Reaction score
City, State
Port Huron, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer
What are the demensions of the warrior shackles? And how thick of steel is it...I might try and make my own

Join the Elite Explorers for $20. Gets rid of the ads!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

97Mounty97

Reaction score
City, State
Port Huron, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer

chumbucket

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96
Great thread. I used all the tips. My stock shackles were burnt toast. Crumbling away with the passenger side already letting loose and collapsing up to the frame.I installed the cheaper Autozone shackles because they came with new bushings and I didn't have the cash for the Warriors right now. Breaker bar and spraying down with Kroil a day before really helped.

Four0Sport

Jack Pewe
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
West Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 2dr
Great thread. I used all the tips. My stock shackles were burnt toast. Crumbling away with the passenger side already letting loose and collapsing up to the frame.I installed the cheaper Autozone shackles because they came with new bushings and I didn't have the cash for the Warriors right now. Breaker bar and spraying down with Kroil a day before really helped.
High five

JCross0525

Reaction score
City, State
Alpine, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996, Explorer XLT
I realize this is probably a dumb question, but my warrior shackles arrived today and the middle brace between the arms isn't center, it's offset, and I assume for a reason. So question is do you install the longer arms up or down?
Thanks,

Maniak

Moderator-Stock 91-94
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Vail, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT 4x4
Long Arms up.... It keeps the cross brace from hitting the frame when the suspension compresses and the spring goes flattish (e.g. longer).

~Mark

Mike65

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
In my garage working on one of our vehicles.
City, State
Toms River, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Ranger 4x4, 99 Sport.
Just wanted to give a big thanks to Four0Sport for this write up on how to replace the rear spring shackles with the Warrior shackles. I used his idea of using the bottle jack between the frame & the spring to line up the spring with the Warrior shackles, worked perfectly. It took me about 2 hours from start to finish. I had one stubborn bolt on the passengers side lower, the bolt that goes through the leaf spring bushing. I sprayed it with a lot of PB Blaster & hit it a couple times with my air chisel & it popped loose.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Anyone know if the Warrior 153 shackles fit a Ranger? Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 8
JamminG4Jim Warrior 153 Shackles and Pinion angle Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 3
H Do you have warrior 153's? Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 12
rhyno Just installed Warrior 153, didnt do much Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 3
E Trying to install warrior spring shackles Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 11
MidnightRebel07 I'm buying used Warrior Products lift shackles, no bolts. What size are the bolts? Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 4
L Are Warrior Shackles still the choice of most on here? I'm looking to get a set soon. Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 4
J Wanted Warrior Shackle Info and other lift questions Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 9
Y Warrior shackles Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 8
N Quick question regarding Warrior Shackle & TT Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 3
D Warrior shackle lift Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 3
G Where can I find warrior shackles? Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 6
A shackles-other than warrior Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 15
3 Warrior shackles and TT? I'm new to this!!! Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 2
A Warrior shackle length Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 5
N Warrior Sway Bar Disconnects Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 9
2 TT and Warrior Shackles Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 22
S Warrior Shackle Install - Before and after pics Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 7
S Does anyone have pics of Warrior shackles from behind? Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 8
D Cheap warrior 153s? Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 3
9 pic of warrior shackles installed on 2nd gen? Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 9
T warrior shackel and hidden hitch ? Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 1
E Help ! Spec. Warrior Shakles Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 14
C warrior shackles Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 16
I Warrior Shock Mounts Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 3
C Warrior Shackles Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 14
B A warrior shackle question Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 2
I Warrior Shackles...Where to buy? Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 2
B Ordered Warrior Shackles will i have to get rid of my Rancho5000 Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 5
B URGENT QUESTION ON WARRIOR SHACKLES........ Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 7
9 warrior shackels instal ? Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 1
9 will my warrior shackles fit Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 16
G Busted warrior u-bolt skid plate - how do i fix it? Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 4
H Question about warrior shackles Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 1
L Tellico has an overstock on Warrior Shackles. Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 22
T AAL and Warrior Installation Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 4
B JD Shock and Warrior Shackle Questions Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 4
B warrior shackles Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 3
M Warrior Shackles question..... Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 8
W Are the Warrior shackles on 1.25" lift? Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 4
W What is the part number for the warrior shackles? Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 2
Kirby N. Opinions on Warrior Quick Discos Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 10
M Torsion twist and warrior shackles? Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 3
B Shortening warrior shackles... Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 10
E warrior shackles/tt Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 3
W warrior quick disconnect noise problem? Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 9
B Front B bars lift to warrior lift Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 0
S Ballpark Warrior Shackle price? Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 2
L Torson Twist, Warrior Shackles and leaf bundles, a Fresh Look Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 20
F Where to find Warrior Shackels on Net or Denver Area...Helpmae Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits 8