Anyone with 31's in PA? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone with 31's in PA?

I have been talking with a guy at CJ's Tire & Automotive, who has been very helpful in everything I have asked him. They do not have a problem oversizing tires for an Explorer, thank God!!!
They guy is concerned that 31x10.5's will stick out past the fenders with stock rims, which is PA state inspection item....anyone in PA have any experience with such?
I have looked at lots of pics of 31's on X's and they don't seem to stick out far enough to be an inspection problem.
The guy said that if they do stick out they would just issue a disclaimer for the inspection, which I thought was pretty cool.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You should be fine with 31s on stock rims. I ran my truck with 31s through NJ inspection which is like 10x worse than PA inspection and i passed with out a problem.

Not a problem. Mine has been through 2 PA inspections with the 31's and had no problems.

Cool then, I didn't really think it would be a problem.

JDraper, from McVeytown...do you know anyone who works for PENELEC?

that seems like a silly law.. what do jeeps do? just about everyone i see around here the tires stick out at least some past the fenders.

What are their names?? I might know 'em, but not know they work for Penelec :confused:

Back