Anyone within 150 miles of Chicago have a sand blaster? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone within 150 miles of Chicago have a sand blaster?

BigDave

Reaction score
City, State
River Forest, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT 4x4
Anyone with in 150 mile of Chicago have sand blasting equipment? I need to sand blast this bursh guard that I got to strip it of paint and surface rust, and I want to do it right. I would provide the sand (or whatever else you recommend or want to use for the job) and a case of your favorite drink and lunch.

If anyone has this equipment and some spare time and wouldn't mind blasting the brush guard I have I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dave

You can email me at: dristau2@attbi.com

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thump...

Wanted to see if any of the evening folks have any recommendations...

:)

Dave

I wish you would have said something a week ago I just did mine at work and it turned out great,we have a giant wheel abrator I stuck it in and it came out looking like a powdercoat job then I hit it with some rust prohibiter then used truck bedliner coating it looks awesome,sometimes I get away with these projects on the weekends

Lookin' to do another project next weekend? :)

Dave

I dont work a weekend for a couple more weeks otherwise I would do it.Dont try to use a sander on it it wont work I did that first then about three months later the rust started popping through again.:(

I got one of those paint stripper attachments for the drill and that has done a good job of taking off the loose paint, but it hasn't cut through the rust or the good powdercoat.

Once I get it completely stripped, I'm gonna spray it with a rust inhibitor and then put about three coats of Herculiner on it.

If you can run this thing through your machine at work some weekend, I would definitely be willing to drive out there. I would also try to make it worth your while somewhat. (I am currently interviewing for a position and hope that I get the good news tomorrow.)

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Dave

ussally this is my weekend to work but I took it off so in a month I will be able to do it.How far are you from Fulton Illinois?That is where my work is.Let me know Dave:D

I don't know, but I can cross the state in two hours... I'll check the mapquest.

Dave

It says 133 miles. Is Fulton on the river? It looks like I can take 88 across to get there. Which weekend were you thinking? I may have tickets to the Brickyard 400 on August 4th, so I am keeping that one open for now.

Thanks,

Dave

I was thinking the 20th or the 21st and yes Fulton is on the river.Does your brushguard brake down into three pieces?

One big piece and the two grill type inserts to protect the headlamps.

The center and wrap-around part is one piece though.

I will talk to you later dave

Could you give me some measurements on it I just want to make sure it will fit.Talk to you later buddy:D

Yeah, I'll get em to you tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks,

Dave

Back