• Register Today It's free!

Anyone

WILL

Reaction score
City, State
Alsip, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT SOHC
The wife misses my old Dakota, I had the Truck Tent that went in the back bed. I am wondering if anyone has seen anything like the AZTEC commercial with a rear tail gate mounted tent enclosure. I attempted a night in the back, it was not bad until the second time I tried it. The second time was hot and I decided to open the rear window and that was a bug mistake. I use an air mattress in the back, it is nice but could be better. Any gate mounted tent mfr out there?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Gerald, Truckmagic, and I all use them. I think we all got them at www.campmor.com. A little pricey, but they work really well. Easy to install and take off, it was a good investment. Good luck!

for bugs i've figured out a descent way to fix that. open the rear windows however much you want then get a pair of pantyhose and cut them up and put them over the window covering. ventilation and no bugs, even no little "no see ems" that we get that are the worst because of the fine mesh of the pantyhose.

So that is what I can do with my wifes pantyhose after we have both had a few beers and are in the back of....woah that is another website

there ya go will. now you can say "honey, those pantyhose would look even better on the window...." :D

This comment is in now way intended to offend anyone on this board but make sure that it does not smell like fish becuase you will attract bears and more flies.

Back